When Microsoft Edge is taken over by adware and your homepage is changed to a search-engine you do not want. You need to change your homepage in Microsoft Edge in order to revert the homepage to a homepage you desire. In this instruction, we’re going to show you how to change your homepage and scan your computer for adware that is causing the hijacked homepage.
This instruction also works for computers that are not infected by adware or PUPs. We still do advise to scan your computer with the removal-tools we advise in this instruction, you never know what it might find and removes. Don’t worry all software we advise in this instruction is free, free for scanning and free for removal.
Change homepage in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Select the “…” more menu in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu
- Scroll down to View Advanced Settings
- Enable show the home button
- select a specific page or pages.
- Enter an URL of your choice to open when Microsoft Edge is started.
- Select the save icon, on the right.
- Close Microsoft Edge
Remove malware from Microsoft Edge with Malwarebytes
Dear visitor, we advise anyone that has a problem with malware on their device to scan the device with Malwarebytes! We have run many malware removal tests on infected PCs including adware, potentially unwanted programs, and ransomware. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware removal tool available today. Malwarebytes is always free to remove any malware from your computer. Malwarebytes premium is active for a 14 days trial license upon installation. Try Malwarebytes and see the results for yourself!
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
Some malware is known to block Malwarebytes from running. If you encounter this problem, run a malware scan with adwcleaner. After the adwcleaner malware scan, start a malware removal scan with Malwarebytes.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware