Reset Firefox to default settings
If the Firefox browser settings are changed and you want to reset the settings for Firefox back to their original settings, you should follow these step by step instructions. Firefox maybe hijacked by a unknown search engine or homepage, might show intrusive pop-ups ads or open new tabs? Reset Firefox could solve these problems. However…Reset Firefox will not solve all ad-related or pop-up problems. Most often adware is installed on the PC and is abusing the Firefox to display ads. In order to get rid of adware, the user should scan their PC with Malwarebytes.
how to reset Firefox
Note: When using the reset feature, your bookmarks, browsing history, open tabs, windows, passwords, cookies and web form auto-fill information will be saved. However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the Helpmenu choose Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finishand Firefox will open.