Add another Google Chrome profile is useful if the computer is being used by more than one person. There is an option within Google Chrome to create multiple users, so called profiles. If the Chrome admin is setting up an profile for each user in the browser and linking it to a Google account, the user always has access to their own web page favorites, chrome settings and chrome browser extensions.
To set up a new user profile, go to the Google Chrome menu and from the menu select Settings.
Click the Manage other people link within in the Settings.
A new window will appear, from the buttom click the link Add Person.
Give the new chrome person a new, an icon and click Add
Another new Chrome window will open, this is the Chrome profile the user has just created. In the top right corner you can see the name. If you had enabled the “Create a desktop shortcut for this profile”. The user should see a shortcut on the desktop, indicating this is the Chrome profile with all their settings, favorites, browser extensions and web page history.
Would like need more tips?
- Get 7 free tips for Google Chrome experience and performance.
- This site contains harmful programs, Google Chrome warning, what is it?
- What is Phishing and how to protect Chrome protect against phishing attacks?
- Microsoft Support Tech scams, how do they work and how to protect Chrome against these scammers?
- How to auto start Chrome in incognito modus?
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware