Keeping your software up to date is very important to prevent all kinds of malware and zero-exploits infecting your computer. If software is outdated it’s possible for attackers to exploit these flaws and compromise your computer.
A good example is a outdated browser or a add-on such as Adobe Flash Player or Oracle Java. These add-ons are often updated because flaws were found in their code and cybercriminals exploited these flaws to compromise lot’s of computers.
If your computer software is not up to date your computer is vulnerable for such zero-day attacks and a malware infection is a huge risk. Anno 2016 cybercriminals attack users thru malvertising (a combination of malware and advertising) attacks, they target a huge group of computers users thru a infected or compromised advertisement network and exploit as much as computers possible.
It is therefore extremely important to regularly check for software updates. But doing this manual update for each separate software program can take a lot of time. The free software updater Avira provides can automate that for you. Keeping your software up to date.
Avira Software Updater – Keep Software UpToDate Easily!
Install Avira Software Updater
- Select “Accept and install” – Administrator (UAC) Required.
- Allow Avira Connect to make changes to your computer in order to install.
- Select Yes
- Avira Software Updater is now installing, this takes a few minutes.
In the meantime Avira Offers other software, it’s your choice to accept these offers.
- Please wait…
- Once installed select “Start Avira Software Updater“
- Please note, a reboot may be required, in some cases it’s needed some not. If needed, reboot.
- Automatically Avira Software Updater checks your software for outdated versions and offers a Download or Download All button.
The Download button updates the outdated software you selected, the Download All downloads all outdated software at once.
- Avira Software Updater does not take you to the official website of the software, but downloads it for you. After the download you need to manually install the most recent version.
- After updating all the outdated software, you’ll get a nice green bar “All software are up to date”. Awesome!
- Avira Software Updater has one other nice feature
Turn on Windows Updates using Avira Software Updater
- Goto the wrench icon in the left bottom corner “Settings”.
- If Windows Updates if Off select the “Turn On” button.
- It is very important to receive Windows Updates for multiple reasons, it goes without saying this feature should always be enabled. Avira Software Updates makes it’s very easy to enable these updates if turned off. Enjoy!
Malware, Antivirus, Virus Removal Guides
Help others and share this instruction on Social Media!
Use the floating share buttons at the top of this instruction.
Would like to donate? Your help is most welcome.