In case your antivirus solution detected a webpage or an application as Trojan.BitcoinMiner. Your computers GPU or CPU (or both) is abused to mine for the digital currency. Many websites or applications that you can download from the internet contain malicious code to mine for the cryptocurrency, mostly Monero.
Since cryptocurrency is big business, cyber crooks find many different methods to spread their miners for revenue. At the time of writing, crypto miners are a real epidemic for the regular, unaware computer user. Occasionally we download adware “download managers” from the internet. These free ‘legit’ download managers, also deploy crypto miners, for example, securedisk and websock both notorious malware crypto miners that exhaust the CPU, causing many other PC problems.
Protect your computer, crypto miners are here to stay. Malwarebytes is an excellent protection against the deceptive and dangerous malware cybercriminals use to mine for the legit cryptocurrency such as monero, litecoin, and bitcoin.
How to Remove Trojan.BitcoinMiner malware
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your PC. Malwarebytes runs excellent alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today. Remember to buy Malwarebytes to stay protected, the free version does not offer real-time protection and can only be used as an on-demand malware scanner and virus removal tool.
right click the Malwarebytes direct download link and select “save link as”.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
Enjoy a clean PC. Please share this information with other people. You can use the donation button below to support us in our work, we use the donations to maintain our free services.
Thank you, stay safe online!