When Microsoft Edge is taken over by adware and your homepage is changed to a search-engine you do not want. You need to change your homepage in Microsoft Edge in order to revert the homepage to a homepage you desire. In this instruction were going to show you how to change your homepage and scan your computer for adware that is causing the hijacked homepage.
This instruction also works for computers that are not infected by adware or PUPs. We still do advise to scan your computer with the removal-tools we advise in this instruction, you never know what it might find and removes. Don’t worry all software we advise in this instruction is free, free for scanning and free for removal.
Change homepage in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Select the “…” more menu in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu
- Under Open with, select a specific page or pages.
- Choose Custom
- Enter a url of your choice to open when Microsoft Edge is started.
- Select the save icon, on the right.
- Close Microsoft Edge
Scan Windows 10 for Adware and Clean Microsoft Edge
Windows 10 – Adware Removal Instruction – Quick Menu
Remove Adware from Windows 10 with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will scan for malicious files causing the Adware pop-up in your computer and browser.
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Cleaning button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove malicious files on Windows 10 with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove Browser Extensions from Windows 10 with AVAST Browser Cleanup
- Open Avast Browser Cleanup
- Review the browser extensions with a poor reputation, found by Avast Browser Cleanup. You can remove them separately or select the Remove all add-ons button in the top right corner (recommended).
- Select your default Search Provider, either Yahoo or Bing, choose one.
- All extensions are now successfully removed from your browser(s). If you would like to reset or remove other extensions from your browser, use the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome button on the left menu in Avast Browser Cleanup.
- To Reset your browser, select Reset Settings
- Select Exclude add-ons with a good rating to review possible other extensions that might cause ads.
- Select Remove to remove a extension
- Repeat this step for either Firefox and Google Chrome using the left menu.