If it is ever needed to remove MalwareBytes from your computer. Because of a problem with MalwareBytes, a setting slowing down your computer or just because you do not need it anymore. It is widely known you can remove MalwareBytes from the Control Panel – Uninstall a program.
But what if the uninstaller from MalwareBytes crashes, or simply doesn’t start. For those problems, MalwareBytes has released “Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility”
Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility – MB_Clean – Remove MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
- Make a backup from your MalwareBytes license, it’s removed by the Cleanup utility.
- Download MalwareBytes Cleanup Utility
- Right click mb_clean_.exe and select Run as Administrator
- Select Yes to continue
- Restart your computer if needed.
- After the restart a mb-cleanresult.txt file is placed onto your Windows Desktop.
- That’s it.
Consider a alternative? Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is a security suite which is suitable for use in addition to a primary virus scanner. This second opinion malware scanner works with the cloud principle. This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyzes are conducted entirely over the internet.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against root-kits and ransomware boot kits.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (15 days trial)
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
We love MalwareBytes, but if it doesn’t work for you, Zemana Anti-Malware is a great alternative to use.