When your Windows 10 device is infected with adware. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge show intrusive advertisements. This is likely due to an adware application. Adware is software build to display many advertisements to the user for revenue. These advertisements can include, browser redirects, pop-ups, in-text audio advertisements and potentially unwanted program installations.
The pop-ups displayed by adware might offer a social engineering scams such as a fake Flash Player update, or a Microsoft Support scam. There are plenty of examples of adware on Windows 10. However, most of the adware application redirect to some form of scam for revenue.
As these advertisements are so random it’s hard to say which pop-up might occur on your computer, these unwanted adware pop-ups are based on keywords found on the content of the website you were visiting. Adware is known to collect non-personal identifiable information used for revenue for pay per click suspicious advertisement networks.
Learn how to remove adware from windows 10 using our free malware removal tools and instructions.
How to Remove Adware from Windows 10
Use this malware removal menu to clean your Windows 10 device from adware. I have included 3 steps to fully clean your windows 10 device from adware. It’s recommended to perform each step to make sure Windows 10 is free from any adware application.
Uninstall Adware or Potentially Unwanted Programs from Windows 10 and more
In this first step, we show you how to detect and manually uninstall adware and potentially unwanted programs responsible for redirects, popups, and other advertisements. Both adware and potentially unwanted programs leave traces.
After you have uninstalled any adware or potentially unwanted programs, perform an anti-malware scan with our recommended removal tools to remove any traces from your computer.
Check the installed applications list for recently installed malware applications.
SearchAwesome, MultiTimer version 1.0, ShutdownTime version 1.0, PC Speed UP Pro, System Healer, BlockAdsPro, FolderShare, ProxyGate, MiniCalc, Runbooster, Shadowsocks version 1.0, VidSquare, S5M, AnonymizerGadget, Toolbars, Lightning, La Cie Public version 1.0, 126.96.36.199, Internet Speed Tester, WebDiscover Browser, NativeDesktopMediaService.
select the application and click the Uninstall button.
Select the column "Installed On" to sort installed applications by date, sorting the applications by date makes it easier for you to detect recently installed applications.
If you don't know what to look or need help,
Remove adware from Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox on Windows 10
In this second step, we show you how to manually remove adware from your browser and how to reset the browser to default settings.
If after this step, there are still problems with advertisements or redirects in your browser, perform a malware scan with our recommended malware removal tools.
Remove malicious adware from Internet Explorer
Remove adware, browser hijackers, redirects and malware from Google Chrome
Remove adware, browser hijackers, malicious advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
Windows 10 adware removal tools
Remove adware from Windows 10 with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
Remove adware from Windows 10 with AdwCleaner
- Right-click the AdwCleaner executable you just downloaded and select "Run as Administrator" this is important.
- Select the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the adware & malware scan to finish.
- Click the Clean & Repair button to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Wait for AdwCleaner to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Click the Clean & Restart Now button to finish the malware removal process.
- After the reboot, AdwCleaner shows a summary of the detected and removed malware files.
Remove adware from Windows 10 and clean your browser with Zemana
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That's it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware