In this case we write a article about the removal instruction for KNCTR. Do notice that KNCTR is not a virus. But it does act like a Potentially Unwanted Program. We got questions from customers who installed KNCTR on their computer without notice. This is because KNCTR comes bundled with known adware contained custom installers from Download.com and CNET. The CNET custom installer is where we got KNCTR installed. If you try to decline KNCTR during installation of the free software you are trying to download, the whole installation quits. Even the free software is not installed. This behavior might vary from customs installer.
You are being forced to install the offered application if you want to try the free software you originally trying to install. Therefor this removal instruction for KNCTR.
Also we added 2 free tools to remove additional offered adware that is also forced to be installed onto your computer. We use AdwCleaner and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for detection and removal of adware on your computer system. Both AdwCleaner and MBAM are known adware removal tools and completely free of charge.
Quick menu to Remove KNCTR
Remove KNCTR – Windows 7
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select KNCTR, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Remove KNCTR – Windows 8
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click KNCTR, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure when you uninstall the malware that there is no extra software is offered during uninstallation and read every pop-up before clicking any button.
Remove Additional Adware with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner developed by Xplode is a very easy piece of software to remove unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner requires no installation and can be ran in a instant to scan your computer for malicious software.
Nowadays many free downloadable software is bundled with all sorts of additional software such as toolbars and other dubious software that you do not want on your computer. The main cause of such unwanted software (PUPs) are the download sites that offer free software that is bundled with adware. CNET, Download.com, Softonic offer software with a custom installer. It’s this custom installer that offers additional software in order to keep the software and services they offer for free.
We strongly recommend using AdwCleaner several times a month to keep your computer clean from Adware, Pop-ups, Browser Hijackers, Toolbars or Potentially Unwanted Programs.
Select AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
If User Account Control asks you to allow AdwCleaner.exe to make changes to your computer, press Yes to continue.
Start scanning your computer for any malicious threats by selecting the Scan button, please wait.
AdwCleaner will now start scanning your computer.
If AdwCleaner is done, it will display a list of malicious items detected, please uncheck the items you do not want to remove that might be detected as malicious.
If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and select the Clean button.
Reboot your computer.
After the reboot a log file will open. The logfile in Windows XP and Windows 7 will open once the desktop is started.
To open the log file in Windows 8 you need to switch to the Desktop mode by selecting WINDOWS KEY + D on your keyboard.
If you want to check the AdwCleaner log for further analyse, you can find the report log in your system drive and then the Adwcleaner folder.
for example: C:\adwcleaner
Goto the next step.
Clean your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Perform a Threat Scan
If you find malware in your free scan consider upgrading to our PRO Version. The PRO version stops malware dead in its tracks, never allowing it to access your PC.
- Real-time active malware prevention engine blocks known threats
- Heuristic protection prevents new zero day malware infections
- Malicious website protection blocks access to known and zero day malicious web content
- Automatic priority updates and scheduled scanning
- Blazing fast flash scans
1 year/3 PCs for only $24.95. This is not a attempt to let you buy software you do not need or that does not work, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works. Over 300 million downloads worldwide, they can’t be wrong are they ? Try the free version first.
Innovative anti-malware beats criminal software that steals your money and online life
Today’s cyber criminals build software designed to slip past antivirus programs undetected. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium crushes these threats with innovative technologies designed to defend you while keeping your online experience fast and hassle free.
What it does for you
- Detects and protects against malware in real-time
- Blocks hacking and phishing attempts
- Schedules automatic scanning
- Offers three flexible scanning modes
How it works for you
- Malicious website blocking
- Real-time protection
- Heuristic detection
- Integrated Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
- Hyper Scan mode
- Scan/Database update scheduler
- Integrated Malwarebytes Chameleon
- Advanced malware removal
- Antivirus compatibility