In this case we write a article about the removal instruction for PC Clean Plus. Do notice that PC Clean Plus is not a virus. But it does act like a Potentially Unwanted Program. We got questions from customers who installed PC Clean Plus on their computer without notice. This is because PC Clean Plus comes bundled with known adware contained custom installers from several free download sites.
If you try to decline PC Clean Plus during installation of the free software you are trying to download, the whole installation quits. Even the free software is not installed. This behavior might vary from installer.
Do notice that PC Clean Plus is a PUP, which basically means it is software you did not ask for but installed without possible notice. The bad side of PUPs is it is often offered with lots of adware. Therefor we included in this Removal Instruction two free tools to scan your computer for PUPs, adware, browser hijacker and toolbars. The software offered is completely free and should help you get rid of unwanted software.
Remove PC Clean Plus
Quick menu to Remove PC Clean Plus
Remove PC Clean Plus – Windows 7
- Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select PC Clean Plus, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Remove PC Clean Plus – Windows 8
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by: select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click PC Clean Plus, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure when you uninstall the malware that there is no extra software is offered during uninstallation and read every pop-up before clicking any button.
Remove Adware using AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will scan for Online Video Promoter malicious files in your computer and browser.
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Cleaning button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove Adware and PUPs with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Help others and share this instruction on Social Media!
Use the floating share buttons at the top of this instruction.
Dear FixYourBrowser readers: We are a small non-profit website that runs one of the most adware related information & malware help websites in the world. We serve and help lots of readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $10. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If FixYourBrowser is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are useful to pay our bills and keep the site up. Our intention is to help as many people possible for free. Your help is most welcome.