Scanguard Antivirus 2018 is a suspicious antivirus application. Scanguard is distributed using false pop-up advertisements in the users’ browser, claiming “Protect and optimize the PC”. The Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer displays an ad with a large “Start Free Scan” button. Once the user agrees to install the Scanguard application, the Scanguard Antivirus 2018 wants the user to register and activate the scanguard application, even before a smart scan can be performed. Which indicates they already have your name and e-mail address.
Many favorite download websites that offer download managers monetize their free software and internet traffic thru download-managers. It’s these download managers that use deceptive and dangerous adware deployments and start displaying advertisements on favorite websites with hyperlinks marked as “ad by Not Set” or “Ad by Advertise”.
The advertisements shown to promote Scanguard are not random, the ads are based on user’s internet activity, the content of the website user is of were visiting and user-based interests. Scanguard advertisements are to be distinguished by red underlined text and new pop-up window redirects. Myhelpfuldownloads.com pop-up ads are known to promote Scanguard Antivirus 2018. Which makes Scanguard a Potentially Unwanted Program, also known as a PUP.
How did Scanguard install on my PC?
Distribution: Download managers, deceptive pop-up redirects
Also known as: Scanguard Antivirus 2018, Potentially Unwanted Application
Type: Potentially Unwanted Program
Scanguard and many similar PC optimizers such as Reimage Repair use the same pop-up ad tactics to deceive users into installing their software. As mentioned earlier using deceptive redirects to even more suspicious web pages.
In reality, it is all about in-text advertisements, website traffic, and suspicious links, and browser redirects. Adware publishers often claim to have no control over the users’ advertisements. In our experience, many of these adware in-text links lead to suspicious websites, technical support scam services, download managers and PC Optimizers as Scanguard or Reimage Repair.
How to avoid Scanguard?
If you install software downloaded from the internet, take notice there are no additional offers or useful enhancements installed on your computer. Some download managers do not adequately disclose that adware or pups, such as this Scanguard Antivirus 2018 application will also be installed on your computer.
When installing software on your computer, you should overview the end user license agreements (EULA) or the terms of the agreement before downloading and installing free software or applications onto the computer.
Do not click too fast through the installation process using a Quick Install of Next button; this would prevent Scanguard adware in the future. Either way, it is often the computer user itself which allowed the Scanguard application install on their computer. Mainly due to the deceptive pop-ups the Scanguard adware promotes in the browser. Some users fall for these scams, unfortunately.
How to remove Scanguard?
Use this quick menu to remove Scanguard files, scheduled tasks, registry entries and services from your PC.
Remove Scanguard, complete the steps below
- Remove Scanguard from Windows manually
- Remove Scanguard files (recommended)
Windows 7 users: Click the Start button in the left bottom corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Check the programs list for an entry Scanguard, select the application and click “Uninstall” or “Remove“.
Click the column “Installed On” to sort installed software by date, this makes it easier to detect recently installed software.
If you don’t know what to look for, Goto Removal Tools
1. RECOMMENDED: Remove Scanguard with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes already detected Scanguard Antivirus 2018 as PUP.Optional.Scanguard, and remove’s it from your computer.
Dear visitor, we advise anyone that has a problem with malware on their device to scan the device with Malwarebytes! We have run many malware removal tests on infected PCs including adware, potentially unwanted programs, and ransomware. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware removal tool available today. Malwarebytes is always free to remove any malware from your computer. Malwarebytes premium is active for a 14 days trial license upon installation. Try Malwarebytes and see the results for yourself!
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
2. Remove Scanguard with Zemana anti malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is an anti-malware scanner which uses the cloud for malware detection. Zemana is the fastest and most proactively malware scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner.
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
- Continue to the next step
3. Get rid of Scanguard for free with Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes adwcleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes adwcleaner removal tool will individually scan for malicious windows services, malware folders, malware files, shortcuts hijacked by adware, malware registry keys, windows scheduled tasks and deceptive browser extensions. Best of all, adwcleaner is completely free.
- Right Click the executable AdwCleaner.exe and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware