Unwanted Ads, you might notice them everywhere on the internet. But when is a advertisement unwanted. A advertisement “ad” is considered unwanted as soon as the end-user did not ask for the ads or the ads are intrusive. Adware is known to cause intrusive ads, these ads can vary from pop-ups, blue or green in-text underlined ads caused by text found in the content of the website you are visiting at that moment.
In this article we are focusing on ads caused by adware, adware is software powered by advertisements. It’s quite possible you agreed by the ads when you installed the software. Freeware is often powered by advertisements in order to produce revenue for its developer. These additional ads are stated in the License Agreements or the Terms while installing the software.
The problem persists in the thin line between ads that show a small advertisement from reputable advertisement networks like Google Adsense, the ads on FixYourBrowser; or ads that show false or fake updates for the Adobe Flash Player, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.
As soon as a advertisement is to intrusive or its promotes malware it should be removed as soon as possible in order to prevent more problems.
We have seen examples of adware that use computers as bitcoin miners, it was stated in the Terms of Agreement. Would you agreed if you did read the Terms of Agreement ? I guess not, and you shouldn’t!
Now you know what is a unwanted ad, how do you remove them ?
Remove Unwanted Ads from your browser (Removal Guide)
Luckily there is free software available to clean your computer and desired browser from unwanted browser helper objects or browser extensions. The first tool to use is called AdwCleaner, this is one of the best tools to clean you computer from adware. It is created and maintained by Xplode, completely free and works for all Windows versions.
Scan and remove unwanted software from your computer with AdwCleaner
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Cleaning button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove Malware and Protect your computer with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
The second awesome tool we advise is MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Its a great solution to clean and protect your computer from future adware or malware. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is used by hundred million computers worldwide and therefor the best anti-malware solution available on the internet.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform an anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
After these instructions your computer should be free of unwanted ads in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.