The 0800 000 0488 telephone number belongs to another scam by Tech Support Scammers. The scammers behind telephone number 0800 000 0488 try to convince the PC user into calling a very expensive and useless support telephone number: 0800 000 0488
As the ad with phone number 0800 000 0488 pop-up is random, it’s difficult to say which pop-up might occur on your computer, as mentioned above this 0800 000 0488 pop-up is random, the scammers use different domains and different telephone numbers. Adware can also trigger the pop-up on your computer. The pop-ups are not easy to close as they keep popping up a message with a specific warning notice.
Do not call this 0800 000 0488 pop-up telephone number; it’s expensive, won’t help you and might be used for identify theft (searching for passwords, or installing Remote Administration Tooling. This particular tech support scam automatically downloads report.php, which installs remote administration tooling). Read more how to close the 0800 000 0488 pop-up and remove the associated malware from your device.
Remove 0800 000 0488 tech support scam ad – Removal Guide
Optional - Check your browser for Potentially Unwanted Browser Helper Objects and Browser Extensions
If you experience a Tech Support Scam pop-up on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal Guide to remove Adware from Apple Mac OS
If the pop-up stays on top with alert's in your browser and it seems impossible to close the warnings you need to perform this optional step. After performing this step, please continue with Malwarebytes to start the actual removal of the adware that is causing the pop-up in the browser.
- Start the Windows Task Manager by using CTRL+ALT+DEL for Windows 7 or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for Windows 8.
It is also possible to hit the taskbar with a right click and select the Task Manager from the menu.
- Select the browser you are using from the list and right-click on it, selecting End Task. It is also possible to use the End Task button at the bottom of the window.
- The internet browser should be closed now, continue to the next step to start the actual removing process of the malware.
Remove the 0800 000 0488 pop-up with MalwareBytes
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware