The 1-888-792-1243 telephone number belongs to another scam by Microsoft Tech Support Scammers. The support scammers behind telephone number 1-888-792-1243 try to convince the PC user into calling a very expensive and useless support telephone number: 1-888-792-1243
As the ad with phone number 1-888-792-1243 pop-up is random, it’s difficult to say which pop-up might occur on your computer, as mentioned above this 1-888-792-1243 pop-up is random, the scammers use different domains and different telephone numbers. Adware can also trigger the pop-up on your computer. The pop-ups are not easy to close as they keep popping up a message with a specific warning notice. Since this ad with telephone number 1-888-792-1243 is abused in a Microsoft pop-up, the pop-up is also known to scam users on Mac OS devices.
Do not call this 1-888-792-1243 pop-up telephone number; it’s expensive, won’t help you and might be used for identify theft (searching for passwords, or installing Remote Administration Tooling). Read more how to close the 1-888-792-1243 pop-up and remove the associated malware from your device.
Remove 1-888-792-1243 tech support scam ad – Removal Guide
Optional - Check your browser for Potentially Unwanted Browser Helper Objects and Browser Extensions
If you experience a Tech Support Scam pop-up on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal Guide to remove Adware from Apple Mac OS
If the pop-up stays on top with alert's in your browser and it seems impossible to close the warnings you need to perform this optional step. After performing this step, please continue with Malwarebytes to start the actual removal of the adware that is causing the pop-up in the browser.
- Start the Windows Task Manager by using CTRL+ALT+DEL for Windows 7 or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for Windows 8.
It is also possible to hit the taskbar with a right click and select the Task Manager from the menu.
- Select the browser you are using from the list and right-click on it, selecting End Task. It is also possible to use the End Task button at the bottom of the window.
- The internet browser should be closed now, continue to the next step to start the actual removing process of the malware.
Remove the 1-888-792-1243 pop-up with MalwareBytes
Dear visitor, we advise anyone that has a problem with malware on their device to scan the device with Malwarebytes! We have run many malware removal tests on infected PCs including adware, potentially unwanted programs, and ransomware. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware removal tool available today. Malwarebytes is always free to remove any malware from your computer. Malwarebytes premium is active for a 14 days trial license upon installation. Try Malwarebytes and see the results for yourself!
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
Some malware is known to block Malwarebytes from running. If you encounter this problem, run a malware scan with adwcleaner. After the adwcleaner malware scan, start a malware removal scan with Malwarebytes.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware