Get rid of Ads by Browser extension on Mac? If your web browser Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox is showing Ads by Browser in Search results or random web pages, your Mac is infected with an adware application. Adware is showing ads in the browser to inject large content blocks of ads to deceive the user to click on them. Most often, adware creates new pop-ups every few minutes on your Mac, redirecting to all sort of malicious web pages.
Adware is most common for Windows devices and Android devices, however, since many users use Mac computers, cybercriminals made their way to Mac OS.
Most people think that Mac computers can’t get infected with a virus or adware. This is not true, Mac users are also vulnerable to all kinds of malware applications. It is therefore important to also protect your Mac with an antivirus application. Most Mac adware is distributed through malicious pop-ups such as Ads by Browser extension, but also through free downloads.
Adware that causes the Ads by Browser extension popup in your web browser is bundled with free software and offered during the installation process. It is rogue software developers who develop this ad-supported installation software, this way money is made by installing adware on your Mac computer.
Adware and the Ads by Browser extension also collect computer related data from your Mac. This data consists of your browser history, your online purchases, your online interests, and online searches. This information is sold to advertising networks. If you notice the Ads by Browser extension in your browser make sure your Mac is not infected with adware.
Remove PlayerWeb 1.0 extension from Safari
I have noticed the PlayerWeb 1.0 adware extension is responsible for the “Ads by Browser extension” ads in Safari. Remove the extension and scan your Mac for malware.
- Open Safari
- In the top left menu, open Safari > Preferences
- Goto the Extensions tab, and uninstall the PlayerWeb 1.0 by Yulia extension.
Remove adware and Ads by Browser extension with Combo Cleaner
Download Combo Cleaner.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- In the opened window drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto the Mac application's icon.
- Open Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
- Wait until the antivirus engine downloads it's virus definition updates.
- Click "Start Combo Scan”.
Uninstall Adware and remove viruses with CleanMyMac X
- Download and start CleanMyMac X.
- Open the Malware Removal tab in the left menu and click Scan.
Adware and the Ads by Browser extension popup slow down your Mac considerably. CleanMyMac X Optimization takes care of this problem.
- Open the Optimization tab in the left menu and click View all items to optimize your Mac.
- After that optimization, you should perform a Smart Scan. In the left menu click Smart Scan at the top to completely clean your Mac and remove any adware, malware or viruses.
Thank me! Help other people. Share this information on social media, a forum or website, and contribute to a safer internet for everyone.