How to Remove Gearbest.com Ads?
Gearbest.com advertisements (ads) are delivered by potentially unwanted adware programs. The adware program causes a pop-up within Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and displays the Gearbest.com ad. The Gearbest domain is not involved in any malicious behavior. However, the domain is used in an affiliate scheme which is promoted by Adware.
If the potentially unwanted program or adware created a pop-up redirect window, the pop-up window is redirected to the Gearbest.com domain. This is done using what is known as a redirection domain.
By using a redirection domain, the adware publishers collect both personally and non-personally identifiable information such as your IP-address, your current location, browser type, type OS and search queries to deliver more detailed advertisements.
What adware is causing the Gearbest.com redirection?
It is hard to say which adware is responsible for the Gearbest.com redirection advertisements in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Adware uses different techniques to hide it’s on the computer.
How does adware infect a computer?
Adware uses a deceptive technique to enter the computer, this technique is called bundling. Software that uses “bundling”, is software known as “Pay-Per-Install” (PPI) or “monetization” software installers. This is installation software where software developers get paid for every install.
The process of the Pay-Per-Install software does not directly disclosure the adware present, it’s hidden by a human psychology trick named Dark Patterns. These Dark Patterns are used to make sure people click through their PPI installation process without noticing what they actually install on their computer.
There is, however, a very small button or a checkbox that might disclosure the presence of the additional adware. Despite that small button, a lot of people do not see the button as they click on to the Next button to install their desired software.
Remove the Gearbest.com pop-up redirect
Instead, read what you actually install. Click every button to see if it exposes some form of an adware offer, especially a “custom”, “advanced”, “Expert” or “more” button. Adware is most of the time installed by the computer user itself. Overview the installation and uncheck all items you do not wish to install.
If the Pay Per Install (PPI) software installation has an EULA (end user license agreement), read this EULA to find out what kind of software is offered during installation. It may prevent adware from installing by deselecting or uncheck Adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs).
Remove Gearbest.com from Google Chrome
Remove Gearbest.com from Firefox
Remove Gearbest.com from Internet Explorer
Remove Gearbest.com from Microsoft Edge
How to Remove Gearbest.com popup ad redirects?
Remove Gearbest.com Redirect – Quick Menu
If you experience the Redirect advertisements on Mac OS
follow this generic guide to Remove Redirects from Apple Mac OS
Remove, delete or uninstall the Gearbest.com Redirect with MalwareBytes 3 – Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes is free to use, detect, and remove malware from your computer. Detect the latest adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other malware with Malwarebytes. Protect your PC with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes works perfectly in addition to a virus scanner.
Run the Malwarebytes program installation file. Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
Click Scan Now to start examining for malware.
Malwarebytes will start searching for malware, please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the malware scan.
Malwarebytes usually takes between 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
Once the malware scan is performed, Malwarebytes will present the results of the malware scan.
Remove the malware found by Malwarebytes using the Quarantine Selected button.
Wait for Malwarebytes to move all malware to quarantine.
Malwarebytes needs to make a system reboot to finish the malware removal process.
Save and close any working documents or open web pages and click Yes to reboot your PC.
After the system reboot, your PC is clean from malware. Stay protected with Malwarebytes against future threats. Malwarebytes stops adware, potentially unwanted programs, malicious web pages, suspicious downloads, viruses, spyware and ransomware from infecting your machine.
Remove, delete or uninstall the Gearbest.com Redirect with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
- Right-click the AdwCleaner executable you just downloaded and select "Run as Administrator" this is important.
- Select the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the adware & malware scan to finish.
- Click the Clean & Repair button to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Wait for AdwCleaner to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Click the Clean & Restart Now button to finish the malware removal process.
- After the reboot, AdwCleaner shows a summary of the detected and removed malware files.
Remove, delete or uninstall the Gearbest.com Redirects with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is an second opinion anti-malware scanner which uses Cloud technology for malware detection. Zemana is the fastest, smallest and most proactively malware scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner or malware scanner such as Malwarebytes.
Open the Zemana anti-malware setup file.
Install Zemana anti-malware using the default settings, after successful installation Zemana anti-malware will update itself to the latest version.
Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan, wait for the scan to finish, this usually takes a few minutes.
Click the Next button to remove the malware found by Zemana on your computer.
Wait a couple of seconds for Zemana to remove the malware from your PC.
Your PC is successfully cleaned by Zemana. Zemana is an excellent protection for people searching for a lightweight malware detection and removal tool. Zemana is its best in addition to a more comprehensive antivirus or anti-malware security application such as Malwarebytes.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Using these instructions you can reset Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox to their default configuration.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you're on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.If you're unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
More useful articles for you