What is Cleanserp.net – How to Remove
Cleanserp.net is a redirect “Browser Hijacker”, for non-experienced users often called a virus or malware. It takes over your currently default installed browser, this might be Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or even Safari for MacOS.
Browser Hijackers alter your default homepage, your default search engine and redirect your browser to the Cleanserp.net website.
By taking over your browser, the Cleanserp.net redirect generates traffic to the Cleanserp.net website for revenue. This traffic is important for them as it delivers information such as search queries, the location from their “forced” visitors using IP addresses and much more. This information can be used for multiple purposes, which is often for your privacy, not a good thing.
Cleanserp.net redirect on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox
Either way, it is often the computer user itself which allowed the Cleanserp.net redirect infect the browser.
The hidden installation of a redirect is often done using scheduled tasks, malicious windows services or update managers.
You need to be quite experienced in detecting these malicious techniques and therefore a general umbrella term such as a virus or malware is what these adware programs might be called. As for now, adware is not as harmless as it was before.
Cleanserp.net redirect a virus or adware?
Cleanserp.net is adware and adware or viruses, are now serious all day threats. Both make a lot of money for all kinds of advertisement networks, criminals (tech support scams) etc. Cleanserp.net is also dangerous for reputable search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo as they include in-text advertisements.
How did the Cleanserp.net redirect got installed on my Browser? (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox)
Some installation (download) managers do not adequately disclose that other software, such as this Cleanserp.net redirect, adware, Browser Hijacker, or a virus will also be installed on your computer.
You should overview the End User License Agreements (EULA) or their Terms of Agreement before downloading and installing software onto your computer. Do not click too fast through the installation process using a Quick Install of Next button.
Cleanserp.net redirect – How to Remove?
Rather not use free tools? Try resetting your browser first. Reset Internet Explorer, reset Google Chrome, reset Firefox. If this has not solved the problem, follow the steps of all software advised in this instruction and reset your browser(s) once again.
If you experience a Browser Hijacker on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal guide to remove Browser Hijacker(s) from Mac OS for free.
Remove Cleanserp.net redirect with Zemana Anti-Malware Trial
Zemana Anti-Malware is an anti-malware scanner which uses the cloud, thereby the fastest and most proactively scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner.
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
- Continue to the next step
Remove Cleanserp.net adware files with AdwCleaner Free
Malwarebytes adwcleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes adwcleaner removal tool will individually scan for malicious windows services, malware folders, malware files, shortcuts hijacked by adware, malware registry keys, windows scheduled tasks and deceptive browser extensions. Best of all, adwcleaner is completely free.
- Right Click the executable AdwCleaner.exe and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Remove Cleanserp.net malware with MalwareBytes 3 – Anti-Malware Trial
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your PC. Malwarebytes runs excellent alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today. Remember to buy Malwarebytes to stay protected, the free version does not offer real-time protection and can only be used as an on-demand malware scanner and virus removal tool.
right click the Malwarebytes direct download link and select “save link as”.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
If your browser homepage is hijacked by a browser hijacker and the default search engine is changed, you can reset your browser to restore the browser to default settings. Browser resets will also remove any browser helper objects and browser extensions.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Enjoy a clean PC. Please share this information with other people. You can use the donation button below to support us in our work, we use the donations to maintain our free services.
Thank you, stay safe online!