The Kometa browser is a deceptive browser application. Kometa is installed with free downloads you can download from the internet and abused by adware publishers. The Kometa browser is an open-source Chromium project. However, adware is using it to redirect to all sort of Russian fake news web pages.
Many favorite download websites that offer download managers monetize their free software and internet traffic thru download-managers. It’s these download managers that use deceptive and dangerous Kometa adware deployments.
How did Kometa install on my PC?
Distribution: Download managers, deceptive pop-up redirects
Also known as: Kometa browser, Kometa adware
Kometa and many similar potentially unwanted adware applications downloaded from the internet do not provide any real benefit for its user. Kometa is known to redirect to Russian browser hijackers but pretends to offer a variety of browsing enhancements.
In reality, it is all about in-text advertisements, website traffic, and suspicious links, browser extensions, and browser redirects. Adware such as Kometa, often claims to have no control over the users’ advertisements. In our experience, many of these in-text links lead to suspicious websites, technical support scam services, download managers and pay per click advertisements.
How to avoid Kometa?
If you install software downloaded from the internet, take notice there are no additional offers or useful enhancements installed on your computer. Some download managers do not adequately disclose that adware or pups, such as this Kometa will also be installed on your computer. When installing software on your computer, you should overview the End User License Agreements (EULA) or their Terms of Agreement before downloading and installing software onto your computer.
Do not click too fast through the installation process using a Quick Install of Next button; this would prevent Kometa in the future. Either way, it is often the computer user itself which allowed the Kometa redirect infect the browser.
Adware use scheduled tasks, windows services, PowerShell, and update managers to prevent users from removing Kometa and other adware from their computer. To successfully remove Kometa from your computer, we need you to follow all removal steps we advise in this instruction.
How to remove Kometa
Use this quick menu to remove Kometa malware files, scheduled tasks, registry entries and services from your PC.
Remove Kometa, complete the steps below
- Remove Kometa from Windows manually
- Remove Kometa files (recommended)
Windows 7 users: Click the Start button in the left bottom corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Check the programs list for an entry Kometa, select the application and click “Uninstall” or “Remove“.
Click the column “Installed On” to sort installed software by date, this makes it easier to detect recently installed software.
If you don’t know what to look for, Goto Removal Tools
1. RECOMMENDED: Remove Kometa with Malwarebytes
Dear visitor, we advise anyone that has a problem with malware on their device to scan the device with Malwarebytes! We have run many malware removal tests on infected PCs including adware, potentially unwanted programs, and ransomware. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware removal tool available today. Malwarebytes is always free to remove any malware from your computer. Malwarebytes premium is active for a 14 days trial license upon installation. Try Malwarebytes and see the results for yourself!
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
2. Remove Kometa with Zemana anti malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is an anti-malware scanner which uses the cloud for malware detection. Zemana is the fastest and most proactively malware scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner.
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
- Continue to the next step
3. Get rid of Kometa for free with Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes adwcleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes adwcleaner removal tool will individually scan for malicious windows services, malware folders, malware files, shortcuts hijacked by adware, malware registry keys, windows scheduled tasks and deceptive browser extensions. Best of all, adwcleaner is completely free.
- Right Click the executable AdwCleaner.exe and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware