Mac Online Support ads are caused by deceptive redirects in the Chrome, Safari or Firefox browser(s) on Apple Mac devices. It is important to know these Mac Online Support redirects are fake and your Mac is not infected with a virus.However, not the virus as the content of the pop-up claim. The Mac might be infected with adware e.g. ad-supported applications that display these Mac Online support fake ads.
How to Remove Mac Online Support pop-up?
The Mac Online Support pop-up shows a deceptive and false claim: “Mac has detected a malicious virus on your system“. At the same time of the pop-up, there might be audio playing in the background telling the user the Mac is infected with a virus and a telephone number should be called to remove the virus. The Mac Online Support ad is similar to another Mac scam, “Your Mac Might be infected“.
Remove Mac Online Support pop-up ads
Use Combo Cleaner to Clean your Mac from Viruses, Junk and Uninstall Unwanted Applications
Combo Cleaner is the utility toolkit to optimize and protect your precious Mac against malware, viruses, adware and potentially unwanted programs. Combo Cleaner is a professional Mac antivirus with hourly malware, viruses, and adware definition updates.
Combo Cleaner provides the following features, a Disk Cleaner, remove big files and find duplicate files using its comprehensive scanner to save gigabytes of valuable disk space. Combo Cleaner also has a Privacy shield that eliminates various information stored when browsing the Internet. It’s the all in one security solution for your Mac.
- Install Combo Cleaner by Downloading it from the official Apple Mac App Store.
- Open your Applications folder
- Open Combo Cleaner by double-clicking it’s Application.
- The first thing to do is to confirm your Home Directory and your Applications Directory.
- Select your Home directory (most of the time this is default) and click Allow access
- Select your Applications directory (most of the time this is default) and click Allow access
- Now Combo Cleaner is ready to clean your Mac, select the Start Combo Scan button.
- Hang on, your Mac is scanned, optimized and the latest virus definitions are downloaded to protect your Mac against the latest threats.
- If threats are found and you want to optimize your Mac, you must upgrade to Premium to do so. Combo Cleaner has a free feature Disk Cleaner. Using this feature will clear all Application cache, the Trash can and Application logs.
- We highly recommend reviewing Combo Cleaner, try it and buy it’s Premium features.
Scan your Mac for Adware and PUPs with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac scans for and removes code that degrades performance or attacks your system. Making your Mac, once again, your Mac. Custom-built technology detects and removes adware. Proprietary database identifies over 160 adware variants.
Anti-malware removes malware from your Mac, including Trojans.
- Install MalwareBytes for Mac by Downloading it the link above.
- Drag MalwareBytes to your Applications folder to install
- Open MalwareBytes from your Applications folder.
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs to install a helper tool in order to scan and directory’s and files were malware is located.
Enter your User Name and Password and click Install Helper
- Accept the EULA
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will automatically update it’s malware definitions.
- Select the Scan button to start
- If malware is found the follow display appears, select everything (most of the time already selected) and click Remove Selected Items.
- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires a reboot of your Mac in order to remove the found malware.
Reboot your Mac by selecting Yes.
Reset homepage – Safari MacOS
You can set any webpage as your homepage, and have it shown when you open a new window or a new tab.
- Change homepage settings:Choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
Set your homepage: Enter a webpage address in the Homepage field, or click Set to Current Page to use the webpage you are currently viewing.
Open new windows with your homepage: Click the “New windows open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
Open new tabs with your homepage: Click the “New tabs open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
- Quickly open your homepage:Choose History > Home.
Reset homepage – Google Chrome for MacOS
You can reset your browser settings in Chrome any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
Reset homepage – Mozilla Firefox for MacOS
- Open the Firefox browser.
- On the address field, type in about:support and hit Enter.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- A window will appear showing the details of this action.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- Click Done.