MapsVoyage is a deceptive browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. MapsVoyage modifies internet web-browser settings (displays intrusive worthless advertisements using the “Advertisements by MapsVoyage” extension) and collects various information relating to the user’s internet browsing activity. For these specific deceptive reasons, MapsVoyage is categorized as an adware browser extension.
Once the MapsVoyage application has been installed on the computer, the MapsVoyage application collect’s browser’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox preferences and information.
Advertisements presented by MapsVoyage are not random, the ads are based on the user’s internet activity, the content of the website and user-based browser interests. MapsVoyage ads are to be distinguished by new browser pop-up window ads and browser redirects to malicious web pages.
How did MapsVoyage install on my device?
Distribution: Download managers, deceptive pop-up redirects
Also known as: MapsVoyage browser extension, MapsVoyage adware
The most common reason for the MapsVoyage installation is poor knowledge. User’s careless behavior and poor knowledge of adware can result in the MapsVoyage installation. Internet web pages that redirect the browser to suspicious popup ads are most likely build to deceive the user into adware & potentially unwanted applications.
Analyze every installation process and opt out any additional applications.
What is MapsVoyage?
MapsVoyage does not provide any real benefit for its user. MapsVoyage is known to collect all sorts of information from the device but pretends to offer a variety of browsing enhancements such as free and fast driving directions to make traveling easier.
In reality, MapsVoyage is all about in-text ads, malicious website traffic, and suspicious browser redirects. MapsVoyage developers, often claim to have no control over the users’ advertisements. In our experience, these adware type applications are only built to generate revenue for the developers, rather than providing any useful functionality.
How to remove MapsVoyage?
Use this menu to uninstall and remove MapsVoyage.
Remove MapsVoyage, complete the steps below
- MapsVoyage removal tools
- MapsVoyage manual removal instructions
Step 1. Remove MapsVoyage files with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your device. Malwarebytes works excellently alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
Step 2. Remove MapsVoyage browser ads with Zemana
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That's it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Step 3. Remove MapsVoyage adware with Adwcleaner
- Right-click the AdwCleaner executable you just downloaded and select "Run as Administrator" this is important.
- Select the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the adware & malware scan to finish.
- Click the Clean & Repair button to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Wait for AdwCleaner to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Click the Clean & Restart Now button to finish the malware removal process.
- After the reboot, AdwCleaner shows a summary of the detected and removed malware files.
Windows 7 users: Click the Start button in the left bottom corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs, and Features”.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Check the programs list for an entry MapsVoyage, select the application and click “Uninstall” or “Remove“.
Click the column “Installed On” to sort installed software by date, this makes it easier to detect recently installed software.
If you don’t know what to look for, Goto Removal Tools
Remove MapsVoyage from Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
In this manual removal steps, we show you how to manually remove the MapsVoyage malware from your browser(s). If after these removal steps the MapsVoyage malware is still present, you can reset the entire browser to default settings. In order to prevent and to make sure all malware type files are entirely removed from the device we advise to perform a malware scan with our recommended malware removal tools.
Remove malicious adware from Internet Explorer
Remove adware, browser hijackers, redirects and malware from Google Chrome
Remove adware, browser hijackers, malicious advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
Optimize your device, get rid of junkware