What is the Motitags New Tab
Motitags New Tab is created by Mindspark Interactive also known as IAC applications. These New Tabs are promoted as useful as they deliver all kinds of useful information, such as for example, the traffic, current weather, pdf converter etc (there too many to name them all, and are still created by IAC applications).
It changes your browser and sets your homepage to a specified homepage, in this case, search.myway.com, hp.myway.com, myway.com. It will integrate with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as a Browser Extension and a Browser Helper Object for Internet Explorer. MindSpark New Tabs as this Motitags New Tab are known as a Potentially Unwanted Programs.
According to MindSpark, their New Tabs do NOT collect any personal information, do NOT monitor the sites you visit, do NOT monitor your behavior on the Internet, do NOT log or track keystrokes, do NOT “hijack” your home page. Well, this is not entirely true.
They do change your homepage, and report that also in their installation process, however, this text is so small and barely visible to the user. They also state their New Tabs do NOT serve or facilitate ads.
How to prevent Motitags New Tab?
First of all, do not install the extensions thru their Mindspark websites. Besides that, it might happen this Motitags New Tab is somehow offered as a third-party useful browser enhancement. It goes without saying you shouldn’t install accept this offer.
The removal of these New Tabs is easy, follow our guide below to get rid of the Motitags New Tab.
How to Remove Motitags New Tab
Motitags New Tab Removal – Quick Menu
If you experience the Redirect advertisements on Mac OS
follow this generic guide to Remove Redirects from Apple Mac OS
Remove Motitags New Tab with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The MalwareBytes AdwCleaner tool will specifically scan for malicious Windows Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys, Windows Tasks and Browser Extensions.
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner is used to clean Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
- Before running MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for MalwareBytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by MalwareBytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove Unwanted New Tab left overs with MalwareBytes 3.0 – Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way, you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using its installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform an anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine.
If MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires a reboot to do so, allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove any Browser Redirects, Browser Hijackers with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is a security suite which is suitable for use in addition to a primary virus scanner. This second opinion malware scanner works with the cloud principle. This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyses are conducted entirely over the internet.
- Zemana Anti-Malware is especially very effective against Browser Hijackers.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against rootkits and ransomware boot kits.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (15 days trial)
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see theTools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, clickRestore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or clickReset.Note Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or clickClose, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again start Internet Explorer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you startup or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the
menu choose .
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click and Firefox will open.