Get rid of Call Apple Support popup on Mac? If your web browser Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox is redirecting to Call Apple Support your Mac is infected with an adware application. Adware is showing ads in the browser to convince you into calling a fake Apple support telephone number. Most often, adware creates new pop-ups every few minutes on your Mac, redirecting to all sort of malicious web pages.
Adware is most common for Windows devices and Android devices, however, since many users use Mac computers, cybercriminals made their way to Mac OS.
Most people think that Mac computers can’t get infected with a virus or adware. This is not true, Mac users are also vulnerable to all kinds of malware applications. It is therefore important to also protect your Mac with an antivirus application. Most Mac adware is distributed through malicious pop-ups such as Call Apple Support, but also through free downloads.
Adware that causes the Call Apple Support popup in your web browser is bundled with free software and offered during the installation process. It is rogue software developers who develop this ad-supported installation software, this way money is made by installing adware on your Mac computer.
Call Apple Help Desk Immediately at .. The following data will be compromised if you continue: 1. Passwords 2. Browser History 3. Credit Card Information
This virus is well known for complete identity and credit card theft. Further action through this computer or any computer on the network will reveal private information and involve serious risks. Call Apple Help Desk Immediately at ..
Adware and the Call Apple Support popup also collect computer related data from your Mac. This data consists of your browser history, your online purchases, your online interests, and online searches. This information is sold to advertising networks. If you notice the Call Apple Support popup in your browser make sure your Mac is not infected with adware.
Remove adware and Call Apple Support popup with Combo Cleaner
- Download Combo Cleaner.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- In the opened window drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto the Mac application's icon.
- Open Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
- Wait until the antivirus engine downloads it's virus definition updates.
- Click "Start Combo Scan”.
Uninstall Adware and remove viruses with CleanMyMac X
- Download and start CleanMyMac X.
- Open the Malware Removal tab in the left menu and click Scan.
Adware and the Call Apple Support popup slow down your Mac considerably. CleanMyMac X Optimization takes care of this problem.
- Open the Optimization tab in the left menu and click View all items to optimize your Mac.
- After that optimization, you should perform a Smart Scan. In the left menu click Smart Scan at the top to completely clean your Mac and remove any adware, malware or viruses.
Sharing is caring! Do you care about a safer world wide web? I think you do! Help other people with this information. You can use the social media buttons below.