Get rid of Notification System popup on Mac? If your web browser Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox is redirecting to Notification System “allow notifications” pop-up your Mac is infected with an adware application. Adware is showing ads in the browser to deceive users into accepting push notifications. Most often, adware creates new pop-ups every few minutes on your Mac, redirecting to all sort of malicious web pages.
The website “notification system” would like to send you push notifications in Notification Center.
Website notifications can be changed in Safari Websites preferences.
If you are 18+ tap allow
To access the content, click Allow!
Adware is most common for Windows devices and Android devices, however, since many users use Mac computers, cybercriminals made their way to Mac OS.
Most people think that Mac computers can’t get infected with a virus or adware. This is not true, Mac users are also vulnerable to all kinds of malware applications. It is therefore important to also protect your Mac with an antivirus application. Most Mac adware is distributed through malicious pop-ups such as Notification System, but also through free downloads.
Adware that causes the Notification System popup in your web browser is bundled with free software and offered during the installation process. It is rogue software developers who develop this ad-supported installation software, this way money is made by installing adware on your Mac computer.
Adware and the Notification System popup also collect computer related data from your Mac. This data consists of your browser history, your online purchases, your online interests, and online searches. This information is sold to advertising networks. If you notice the Notification System popup in your browser make sure your Mac is not infected with adware.
Uninstall Adware and remove the “Notification System” pop-up with CleanMyMac X
- Download and start CleanMyMac X.
- Open the Malware Removal tab in the left menu and click Scan.
Adware and the Notification System popup slow down your Mac considerably. CleanMyMac X Optimization takes care of this problem.
- Open the Optimization tab in the left menu and click View all items to optimize your Mac.
- After that optimization, you should perform a Smart Scan. In the left menu click Smart Scan at the top to completely clean your Mac and remove any adware, malware or viruses.
Remove adware and Notification System popup ads with Combo Cleaner
- Download Combo Cleaner.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- In the opened window drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto the Mac application's icon.
- Open Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
- Wait until the antivirus engine downloads it's virus definition updates.
- Click "Start Combo Scan”.
Sharing is caring! Do you care about a safer world wide web? I think you do! Help other people with this information. You can use the social media buttons below.