In this article, I explain how to remove Accomment.pro popup ads. Ads presented by the Accomment.pro popup is a social engineer trick to mislead users clicking on dangerous advertisements. I know, because I see these pop-up ads daily through my research.
Adware and misleading advertising networks redirect the user’s web browser to Accomment.pro. The redirects in your web browser occur because you visit a suspicious webpage that redirects you through a chain of advertisements. These advertisements are redirected based on your web browser, IP-address, operating system and so on.
Eventually, your web browser ends up on a landing page, which is Accomment.pro.
On the Accomment.pro page “show notifications” are presented with a false message such as “Accomment.pro wants to show notifications”, “click allow to download file”, “confirm you are not a robot”, “click here to continue”, or “view the video to continue” this is the social engineering trick. In reality, you are not downloading or viewing anything, it’s a trick to mislead the users into accepting push notifications in the web browser.
Push notification functionality is legit web browser functionality in many web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari.
The push notification functionality is widely abused by cybercriminals.
In the image below you see a screenshot of the Accomment.pro pop-up.
When you accept these push notifications by Accomment.pro, the site shows intrusive advertisements within your device, a mobile device or a computer.
This is how the Accomment.pro ads look like on your computer. Ads by Accomment.pro might differ each time and advertisement is shown. The push notification ads are based on your recent browsing history.
It is important to scan your computer for adware. Adware is malicious software specifically designed to show unwanted advertisements on your mobile device or computer. Adware applications therefor redirect the web browser to Accomment.pro pop-up ads and many more misleading advertisements.
Adware applications are also known to collect web browsing and computer model information through Accomment.pro popups.
Here are a few signs of adware on your device.
- Pop-ups show on your device where they shouldn’t be.
- Web browser popups appear which recommend fake browser or flash player updates and other misleading websites.
- Your browser’s default homepage has changed without your permission.
- Other adware applications might get installed without your consciousness.
- Website hyperlinks redirect to webpages different from what you expected.
- Web pages that you frequently visit are not displaying correctly.
Computer information gathered by adware applications is sold to various suspicious advertising services and is abused for revenue purposes. Most likely, this is why adware applications are bundled with free software you can download for free from all over the internet.
Adware uses a sneaky method to either camouflage itself as legitimate or installs as a third party offer within another program. These adware applications are harmful because these apps trick you into installing it on your PC, tablet, or mobile device without the user’s notice.
If you have clicked the “allow” button in the Accomment.pro pop-up and gave push notification permission to Accomment.pro, you should remove the Accomment.pro notification permission first.
How to remove Accomment.pro popup ads?
How to remove Accomment.pro popup from the web browser?
Find your web browser in the list below, follow instructions to remove web-browser permissions to show push notifications.
Remove Accomment.pro from Google Chrome
Remove Accomment.pro ads from Google Chrome for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Chromebook.
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the menu go to Settings, scroll down to Advanced settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- In the Notifications settings, find the Accomment.pro URL and remove the Accomment.pro domain by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the URL and select Remove.
or, copy this line: chrome://settings/content/notifications and paste it in the Google Chrome address bar, remove the Accomment.pro URL from notifications settings.
Remove Accomment.pro from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Accomment.pro URL, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Accomment.pro from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Accomment.pro domain from the list, and change the status to Block, save changes.
If you still see notifications from Accomment.pro in Firefox, consider updating Firefox. In the latest version of Firefox, notifications are blocked by default.
Remove Accomment.pro from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to Internet Options in the menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab and select Settings in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Accomment.pro domain and click the Remove button to remove the URL.
Remove Accomment.pro from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings, scroll further down to Advanced Settings
- In the Notification section click Manage.
- Disable the on switch for the Accomment.pro domain.
Remove Accomment.pro from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Accomment.pro URL and select it, click the Deny button.
Mac user? Goto Mac adware removal instructions.
OK, when you have removed the notification permissions from the web browser, continue to the next step.
Accomment.pro removal tool.Free for 14-days to detect and remove the Accomment.pro adware. Malwarebytes: Remove Accomment.pro.
Remove Accomment.pro from programs and features
- Click Start
- In the Start menu select Settings => Control Panel.
- Find and click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Remove
Click the column “Installed On” to sort installed software by date, doing so makes it easier to detect recently installed adware applications and uninstall them.
Continue to the next step.
Remove Accomment.pro with Malwarebytes
Remove adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is always free to use, detect, and remove the adware responsible for the Accomment.pro pop-up ads.
Malwarebytes will remove adware applications, malware, viruses and is compatible with any pre-installed antivirus software.
No worries, Malwarebytes is free to detect malware fully for 14 days.
Run the Malwarebytes installation and proceed as described in the installation process.
Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
Click Get started to start your 14-days of free premium protection features.
- Protects your online privacy and identity from cybercriminals.
- Protects your devices and personal data against Ransomware.
- Protects your device from redirects to malicious and shady webpages.
- Stops malware that tries to compromise or infect your device through malicious webpages.
Click Scan in the Scanner section to begin.
Malwarebytes will now start scanning your PC for adware and other malware, please wait.
When the scan is finished, you’ll be presented with the malware scan results. Review the malware scan results and click the Quarantine button to continue.
Hang on. Malwarebytes is moving the detected adware to quarantine.
To complete the Malwarebytes scan, you should reboot your computer.
Remove Accomment.pro from Mac
Download and start CleanMyMac X, open the Malware Removal tab in the left menu and click Scan.
Accomment.pro pop-up ads leave traces such as cookies and other site data. You should remove these traces.
In the left menu click on Privacy at the Protection section.
Select Safari, Firefox or Chrome and click the Remove button.
All traces are now removed from your Mac’s web browser.
In the left menu click Smart Scan at the top to completely clean your Mac.
Accomment.pro pop-up ads are now removed from your computer.
Learn how to prevent Accomment.pro pop-up ads!
Here are some tips to prevent unwanted popup advertisements in your web browser.
Do not install any software that you can download for free from the Internet. Free software often contains adware. Adware is malicious software that is specifically designed to generate revenue through popup advertisements in your browser.
Install a free adblocker. Adblock software is specifically designed to prevent redirects and popup ads in your web browser. Adblockers also help to ensure your privacy on the Internet by blocking trackers from suspicious advertising networks.
Do not open attachments from unknown email addresses. Unwanted mail may contain adware, but also ransomware or other viruses. Scan the attachment with Antivirus software before opening it on your device.
Use antivirus software. In most cases, antivirus software will block the website or application before you can open it. If you want to use a free antivirus package, make sure that Windows Defender is activated on your computer to detect and remove viruses and worse.
I have written an article on how to detect and remove adware manually.
Would you like to learn how to uninstall adware manually?
Thank me! Help other people. Share this information on social media, a forum or website, and contribute to a safer internet for everyone.