What is Blog9news.net – How to Remove
Blog9news.net is a redirect “Browser Hijacker”, for non-experienced users often called a virus or malware. It takes over your currently default installed browser, this might be Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or even Safari for MacOS.
Browser Hijackers alter your default homepage, your default search engine and redirect your browser to the Blog9news.net website.
By taking over your browser, the Blog9news.net redirect generates traffic to the Blog9news.net website for revenue. This traffic is important for them as it delivers information such as search queries, the location from their “forced” visitors using IP addresses and much more. This information can be used for multiple purposes, which is often for your privacy, not a good thing.
Blog9news.net redirect on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox
Either way, it is often the computer user itself which allowed the Blog9news.net redirect infect the browser.
The hidden installation of a redirect is often done using scheduled tasks, malicious windows services or update managers.
You need to be quite experienced in detecting these malicious techniques and therefore a general umbrella term such as a virus or malware is what these adware programs might be called. As for now, adware is not as harmless as it was before.
Blog9news.net redirect a virus or adware?
Blog9news.net is adware and adware or viruses, are now serious all day threats. Both make a lot of money for all kinds of advertisement networks, criminals (tech support scams) etc. Blog9news.net is also dangerous for reputable search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo as they include in-text advertisements.
How did the Blog9news.net redirect got installed on my Browser? (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox)
When you download and install software from the internet, make sure there are no additional offers or useful enhancements installed as a third party software.
Some installation (download) managers do not adequately disclose that other software, such as this Blog9news.net redirect, adware, Browser Hijacker, or a virus will also be installed on your computer.
You should overview the End User License Agreements (EULA) or their Terms of Agreement before downloading and installing software onto your computer. Do not click too fast through the installation process using a Quick Install of Next button.
Blog9news.net redirect – How to Remove?
Rather not use free tools? Try resetting your browser first. Reset Internet Explorer, reset Google Chrome, reset Firefox. If this has not solved the problem, follow the steps of all software advised in this instruction and reset your browser(s) once again.
If you experience a Browser Hijacker on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal guide to remove Browser Hijacker(s) from Mac OS for free.
Remove Blog9news.net redirect with Zemana Anti-Malware Trial
This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyses are conducted entirely over the internet.
- Real-Time Protection – Fast and efficient malware detection and removal. Prevention of future infections.
- Bootkit and Rootkit Remediator – Rootkit and bootkit detection and removal.
- Adware Removal Tool – Browser hijacker removal. Detects and removes annoying browser add-on’s, unwanted apps and toolbars.
- Ransomware Protection – Build your defense system against ransomware with Zemana AntiMalware.
- 0-day malware protection – Increased zero-day malware protection using Cloud protection.
- Zemana Anti-Malware is especially very effective against Browser Hijackers.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware, and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against rootkits and ransomware boot kits.
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Remove Blog9news.net adware files with AdwCleaner Free
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes AdwCleaner tool will specifically scan for malicious Windows Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys, Windows Tasks and Browser Extensions.
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner is used to clean Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Right Click the executable AdwCleaner.exe and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Remove Blog9news.net malware with MalwareBytes 3 – Anti-Malware Trial
Malwarebytes is a next-generation antivirus replacement. Malwarebytes is the first of its kind for home users, employing four independent technology modules, anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection to block and remove both known and unknown threats.
Detects and prevents contact with fake websites and malicious links. You are proactively protected from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising. Worried about wandering into a “bad” Internet neighborhood? Now you don’t have to be.
Wraps your browser and software programs in four layers of defense, stopping attacks that use vulnerabilities in those programs to infect your computer. Clean your computer now with Malwarebytes free.
Malwarebytes works great alongside Antivirus software, both Malwarebytes and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation file.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
If your browser homepage is hijacked by a browser hijacker and the default search engine is changed, you can reset your browser to restore the browser to default settings. Browser resets will also remove any browser helper objects and browser extensions.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Help other people! Share this information using social media.
Join us on Youtube for weekly new informative videos.