ChromoSearch.com is a fake search engine which redirects or completely takes over your favorite browser. ChromoSearch.com replaces your default homepage and installs itself as your default search engine. ChromoSearch.com may appear legitimate to users, however ChromoSearch.com is known to install using dubious installation software.
It’s often the user itself which allowed the ChromoSearch.com fake search engine on their computer. When you download and install software from unknown and some legitimate sources, make sure there are no offers or useful enhancements installed as a third party software. The installation of free software can be build using dark patterns. This means that, unfortunately, some downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed on your computer visible to the user.
You should overview the End User License Agreements (EULA) and Terms of Agreement before downloading and installing suspicious software on your computer. Do never click too fast through the installation process using it’s Quick Install of Next button, doing this might infected your computer with a Browser Hijacker as ChromoSearch.com.
Prevent Browser Hijackers, Adware, Viruses and Potentially Unwanted Programs using comprehensive Anti-Malware software.
Remove ChromoSearch.com homepage – March 2021
If you experience ChromoSearch.com on Apple Mac OS
follow our guide to remove adware from Mac OS for free.
Remove ChromoSearch.com with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner will scan for hijacks and viruses in your computer and browser.
The MalwareBytes AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using MalwareBytes AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Download MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
Notice: if you have problems downloading MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for MalwareBytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Run MalwareBytes AdwCleaner as Administrator
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by MalwareBytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove adware and ChromoSearch.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform an anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove ChromoSearch.com with Zemana Anti-Malware and restore your browser
Zemana Anti-Malware is a security suite which is suitable for use in addition to a primary virus scanner. This second opinion malware scanner works with the cloud principle. This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyzes are conducted entirely over the internet.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against root-kits and ransomware boot kits.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (15 days trial)
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfuly removed from your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again start Internet Explorer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset. Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyse trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you startup or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the
menu choose .
If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click and Firefox will open.
If you still experience problems with ChromoSearch.com, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.