How to Remove Freediscounts.info?
Freediscounts.info advertisements (ads) are delivered by potentially unwanted adware programs. The adware program causes a pop-up within Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and displays the Freediscounts.info ad.
If the potentially unwanted program or adware created a pop-up redirect window, the pop-up window is redirected to the Freediscounts.info domain. This is done using what is known as a redirection domain. The Freediscounts.info wants you to install an extension.
By using a redirection domain, the adware publishers collect both personally and non-personally identifiable information such as your IP-address, your current location, browser type, type OS and search queries to deliver more detailed advertisements.
What adware is causing the Freediscounts.info redirection?
It is hard to say which adware is responsible for the Freediscounts.info redirection advertisements in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Adware uses different techniques to hide it’s on the computer.
How does adware infect a computer?
Adware uses a deceptive technique to enter the computer, this technique is called bundling. Software that uses “bundling”, is software known as “Pay-Per-Install” (PPI) or “monetization” software installers. This is installation software where software developers get paid for every install.
The process of the Pay-Per-Install software does not directly disclosure the adware present, it’s hidden by a human psychology trick named Dark Patterns. These Dark Patterns are used to make sure people click thru their PPI installation process without noticing what they actually install on their computer.
There is, however, a very small button or a checkbox that might disclosure the presence of the additional adware. Despite that small button, a lot of people do not see the button as they click on to the Next button to install their desired software.
Remove the Freediscounts.info pop-up redirect
To avoid adware and their pop-up redirect advertisements such as Freediscounts.info. Do not click too fast on the Next button during installation of any software installation.
Instead, read what you actually install. Click every button to see if it exposes some form of an adware offer, especially a “custom”, “advanced”, “Expert” or “more” button. Adware is most of the time installed by the computer user itself. Overview the installation and uncheck all items you do not wish to install.
If the Pay Per Install (PPI) software installation has an EULA (end user license agreement), read this EULA to find out what kind of software is offered during installation. It may prevent adware from installing by deselecting or uncheck Adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs).
Remove Freediscounts.info from Google Chrome
Remove Freediscounts.info from Firefox
Remove Freediscounts.info from Internet Explorer
Remove Freediscounts.info from Microsoft Edge
How to Remove Freediscounts.info?
Remove Freediscounts.info Redirect – Quick Menu
If you experience the Redirect advertisements on Mac OS
follow this generic guide to Remove Redirects from Apple Mac OS
Remove, delete or uninstall the Freediscounts.info Redirect with MalwareBytes 3 – Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes is a next-generation antivirus replacement. Malwarebytes is the first of its kind for home users, employing four independent technology modules, anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection to block and remove both known and unknown threats.
Detects and prevents contact with fake websites and malicious links. You are proactively protected from downloading malware, hacking attempts, and infected advertising. Worried about wandering into a “bad” Internet neighborhood? Now you don’t have to be.
Wraps your browser and software programs in four layers of defense, stopping attacks that use vulnerabilities in those programs to infect your computer. Clean your computer now with Malwarebytes free.
Malwarebytes works great alongside Antivirus software, both Malwarebytes and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Malwarebytes does not need any config or specific settings, just install and you are ready to go!
After installation, start a scan and check your computer for malware including free removal of the found malware on your computer.
Update: There is malware out there that blocks Malwarebytes and causes errors while installing or updating Malwarebytes. If you experience any of those problems follow this guide
Find out how to solve Installing, Updating or Starting problems with Malwarebytes.
- Start Malwarebytes.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results from the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be put in quarantine.
Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the process, allow Malwarebytes to reboot the computer.
- After the reboot, all malware found by Malwarebytes is put to quarantine, and traces are removed from your computer.
Remove, delete or uninstall the Freediscounts.info Redirect with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes AdwCleaner tool will specifically scan for malicious Windows Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys, Windows Tasks and Browser Extensions.
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner is used to clean Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Go to this URL: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Update: Sometimes adware blocks the Publisher “Malwarebytes” by adding the signed Malwarebytes Corporation certificate to the untrusted repository. Find out how to solve this problem with our instruction.
- Before running Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for Malwarebytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Right Click the executable and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Remove, delete or uninstall the Freediscounts.info Redirects with Zemana Anti-Malware
This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyses are conducted entirely over the internet.
- Real Time Protection – Fast and efficient malware detection and removal. Prevention of future infections.
- Bootkit and Rootkit Remediator – Rootkit and bootkit detection and removal.
- Adware Removal Tool – Browser hijacker removal. Detects and removes annoying browser add-on’s, unwanted apps and toolbars.
- Ransomware Protection – Build your defense system against ransomware with Zemana AntiMalware.
- 0-day malware protection – Increased zero-day malware protection using Cloud protection.
- Zemana Anti-Malware is especially very effective against Browser Hijackers.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware, and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against rootkits and ransomware boot kits.
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Join us on Youtube for weekly new informative videos.
Get Personal and Free Malware Removal support at our Forums!