Giolk.com pop-ups will occur when your computer is infected by a Potentially Unwanted Program, call it a virus. These pop-ups are triggered by underlined keywords in the website you are visiting.
The Giolk.com pop-up might offer a social engineering scam as a Flash Player update, a Browser Update or redirect you to a expensive telephone deceptive support-scam to fix your computer.
As these pop-ups are so random it’s hard to say which pop-up virus might occur on your computer, as stated above these pop-ups are based on keywords found on the content of the website you are visiting. These pop-ups are used for revenue for pay per click advertisements, always close the pop-up immediately.
Follow this complete virus removal-instruction to remove pop-ups and unwanted advertisements from your computer. The instructions are clear and completely free.
Remove Giolk.com pop-up virus
Giolk.com – Virus Removal Instruction – Quick Menu
If you experience the Giolk.com pop-up on Mac OSX from Apple, follow this generic guide to remove adware from Apple Mac OSX
(for the Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers)
Remove Giolk.com pop-up with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will scan for malicious files causing the Giolk.com pop-up in your computer and browser.
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Cleaning button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove malicious files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove Giolk.com pop-up with AVAST Browser Cleanup
- Open Avast Browser Cleanup
- Review the browser extensions with a poor reputation, found by Avast Browser Cleanup. You can remove them separately or select the Remove all add-ons button in the top right corner (recommended).
- Select your default Search Provider, either Yahoo or Bing, choose one.
- All extensions are now successfully removed from your browser(s). If you would like to reset or remove other extensions from your browser, use the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome button on the left menu in Avast Browser Cleanup.
- To Reset your browser, select Reset Settings
- Select Exclude add-ons with a good rating to review possible other extensions that might cause ads.
- Select Remove to remove a extension
- Repeat this step for either Firefox and Google Chrome using the left menu.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see theTools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, clickRestore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or clickReset.Note Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or clickClose, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again start Internet Explorer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you startup or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the
menu choose .
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:supportin your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click and Firefox will open.
If you still experience problems with pop-up advertisements from Giolk.com, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.