In this Moviestime.fun removal guide, I explain how to remove Moviestime.fun popup ads. Pop-ups presented by the Moviestime.fun URL is a social engineer trick to deceive computer users into clicking on advertisements. I know, because I see these kinds of Moviestime.fun pop-up ads daily through my adware research.
Adware and misleading advertising networks redirect the user’s Google Chrome (Android), Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mac Safari, or Edge web browser to Moviestime.fun.
The Moviestime.fun redirects in your web browser occur because you visit a suspicious webpage that redirects you through a series of advertisements. These advertisements are redirected based on your web browser, IP-address, operating system, and so on.
Eventually, your web browser ends up on a scammy landing page, which is Moviestime.fun.
On the Moviestime.fun page “show notifications” are presented with a false message such as “Moviestime.fun wants to show notifications”, “click allow to download file”, “confirm you are not a robot”, “click here to continue”, or “view the video to continue” this is the social engineering trick.
In reality, you are not downloading or viewing anything, it’s a social engineering trick by online scammers trying to mislead the users into accepting push notifications in the web browser so they can send out fake ads known as “push notifications”.
Push notification functionality is legit web browser functionality in many web browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari.
The push notification functionality is widely abused by cybercriminals.
In the image below you see a screenshot of the Moviestime.fun pop-up.
When you accept these push notifications by Moviestime.fun, the site shows intrusive advertisements within your device, a mobile device, or a computer.
This is how the Moviestime.fun ads look like on your computer. Ads by Moviestime.fun might differ each time and advertisement is shown. The push notification ads are based on your recent browsing history.
It is important to scan your computer for adware. Adware is malicious software specifically designed to show unwanted advertisements on your mobile device or computer. Adware applications therefor redirect the web browser to Moviestime.fun pop-up ads and many more misleading advertisements.
Adware applications are also known to collect web browsing and computer model information through Moviestime.fun popups.
Here are a few signs of adware on your device.
- Pop-ups show on your device where they shouldn’t be.
- Web browser popups appear which recommend fake browser or flash player updates and other misleading websites.
- Your browser’s default homepage has changed without your permission.
- Other adware applications might get installed without your consciousness.
- Website hyperlinks redirect to webpages different from what you expected.
- Web pages that you frequently visit are not displaying correctly.
Computer information gathered by adware applications is sold to various suspicious advertising services and is abused for revenue purposes. Most likely, this is why adware applications are bundled with free software you can download for free from all over the internet.
Adware uses a sneaky method to either camouflage itself as legitimate or installs as a third party offer within another program. These adware applications are harmful because these apps trick you into installing it on your PC, tablet, or mobile device without the user’s notice.
If you have clicked the “allow” button in the Moviestime.fun pop-up and gave push notification permission to Moviestime.fun, you should remove the Moviestime.fun notification permission first.
How to remove Moviestime.fun pop-up ads?
Find your web browser in the list below, follow instructions to remove web-browser permissions to show push notifications.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Google Chrome
Remove Moviestime.fun ads from Google Chrome for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Chromebook.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the Google Chrome menu, open Settings.
- At the Privacy and Security section, click Site settings.
- Open the Notifications settings.
- Remove Moviestime.fun by clicking the three vertical dots on the right next to the Moviestime.fun domain and select Remove.
or, copy this line: chrome://settings/content/notifications and paste it in the Google Chrome address bar, remove Moviestime.fun from the notifications settings.
Make sure to update Google Chrome in order to prevent unwanted push notifications in the browser. In Google Chrome version 80 push notifications are blocked before they are shown to users. Make sure you have the latest Google Chrome version installed.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Android
- Open Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner, find the Chrome menu.
- In the menu tap Settings, scroll down to Advanced.
- In the Site Settings section, tap the Notifications settings, find the Moviestime.fun URL, and tap on it.
- Tap the Clean & Reset button and confirm.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the menu go to Options, in the list on the left go to Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to Permissions and then to Settings next to Notifications.
- Select the Moviestime.fun domain from the list, and change the status to Block, save changes.
If you still see notifications from Moviestime.fun in Firefox, consider updating Firefox. In the latest version of Firefox, notifications are blocked by default.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Go to Internet Options in the menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab and select Settings in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Moviestime.fun domain and click the Remove button to remove the URL.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to Settings, scroll further down to Advanced Settings
- In the Notification section click Manage.
- Disable the on switch for the Moviestime.fun domain.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Safari on Mac
- Open Safari. In the top left corner, click on Safari.
- Go to Preferences in the Safari menu, now open the Websites tab.
- In the left menu click on Notifications
- Find the Moviestime.fun URL and select it, click the Deny button.
Mac user? Goto Mac adware removal instructions.
OK, when you have removed the notification permissions from the web browser, continue to the next step.
Moviestime.fun removal tool.Free for 14-days to detect and remove the Moviestime.fun adware. Malwarebytes: Remove Moviestime.fun.
Remove Moviestime.fun from programs and features
- Click Start
- In the Start menu select Settings => Control Panel.
- Find and click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Remove
Click the column “Installed On” to sort installed software by date, doing so makes it easier to detect recently installed adware applications and uninstall them.
Continue to the next step.
Remove Moviestime.fun adware with Malwarebytes
Remove adware with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is always free to use, detect, and remove the adware responsible for the Moviestime.fun pop-up ads.
Malwarebytes will remove adware applications, malware, viruses and is compatible with any pre-installed antivirus software.
No worries, Malwarebytes is free to detect malware fully for 14 days.
Run the Malwarebytes installation and proceed as described in the installation process.
Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
Click Get started to start your 14-days of free premium protection features.
- Protects your online privacy and identity from cybercriminals.
- Protects your devices and personal data against Ransomware.
- Protects your device from redirects to malicious and shady webpages.
- Stops malware that tries to compromise or infect your device through malicious webpages.
Click Scan in the Scanner section to begin.
Malwarebytes will now start scanning your PC for adware and other malware, please wait.
When the scan is finished, you’ll be presented with the malware scan results. Review the malware scan results and click the Quarantine button to continue.
Hang on. Malwarebytes is moving the detected adware to quarantine.
To complete the Malwarebytes scan, you should reboot your computer.
Remove Moviestime.fun from Mac
Download and start CleanMyMac X, open the Malware Removal tab in the left menu and click Scan.
Moviestime.fun pop-up ads leave traces such as cookies and other site data. You should remove these traces.
In the left menu click on Privacy at the Protection section.
Select Safari, Firefox or Chrome and click the Remove button.
All traces are now removed from your Mac’s web browser.
In the left menu click Smart Scan at the top to completely clean your Mac.
Moviestime.fun pop-up ads are now removed from your computer.
Remove Moviestime.fun with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free adware removal tool, known to remove adware such as Moviestime.fun from your computer. AdwCleaner is created and designed by the Malwarebytes team and free to use.
[wps_button style=”default” url=”https://www.fixyourbrowser.com/free-download/adwcleaner/” target=”blank” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ wide=”no” position=”left” radius=”auto” text_shadow=”0px 1px 1px #000″ rel=”nofollow” title=”adwcleaner download” id=”download-adwcleaner” desc=”Direct Download”]Download AdwCleaner[/wps_button]
Download AdwCleaner to your infected computer. Run AdwCleaner as Administrator.
Click Scan Now to start a adware scan on your computer.
Wait for the AdwCleaner adware scan to finish.
Click on Quarantine and reboot your computer.
Learn how to prevent Moviestime.fun
Here are some tips to prevent unwanted popup advertisements in your web browser.
Do not install any software that you can download for free from the Internet. Free software often contains adware. Adware is malicious software that is specifically designed to generate revenue through popup advertisements in your browser.
Install a free adblocker. Adblock software is specifically designed to prevent redirects and popup ads in your web browser. Adblockers also help to ensure your privacy on the Internet by blocking trackers from suspicious advertising networks.
Do not open attachments from unknown email addresses. Unwanted mail may contain adware, but also ransomware or other viruses. Scan the attachment with Antivirus software before opening it on your device.
Use antivirus software. In most cases, antivirus software will block the website or application before you can open it. If you want to use a free antivirus package, make sure that Windows Defender is activated on your computer to detect and remove viruses and worse.
I have written an article on how to detect and remove adware manually.
Would you like to learn how to uninstall adware manually?
Thank me! Help other people. Share this information on social media, a forum or website, and contribute to a safer internet for everyone.