What is the Package Tracking (Package Tracer) Toolbar – New Tab
Package Tracking Toolbar and New Tab are created by Mindspark Interactive also known as IAC applications. These Toolbars and New Tabs are promoted as useful, as their Toolbars deliver all kinds of useful information, such as the traffic, current weather, Photo edit tools etc.
Package Tracking toolbar changes your default browser and replaces your default homepage to a specified homepage, in this case, search.myway.com, hp.myway.com or myway.com. Package Tracking integrates with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as a Browser Extension and a Browser Helper Object for Internet Explorer.
Package Tracking Toolbar is known as a Potentially Unwanted Program.
According to MindSpark, their Toolbars and New Tabs do NOT collect any personal information, do NOT monitor the sites you visit, do NOT monitor your behavior on the Internet, do NOT log or track keystrokes, do NOT “hijack” your home page. This is not entirely true.
Toolbars do change your homepage, and they do report that also in their installation process. However, this text is so small and barely visible to the user. MindSpark also states their Toolbars and New Tabs do NOT serve or facilitate advertisements.
How to prevent Package Tracking Toolbar – New Tab?
First of all, do not install the Browser extensions thru their Mindspark websites. Besides that, it might happen this Package Tracking Toolbar is somehow offered as a third-party useful browser enhancement. It goes without saying you shouldn’t accept this offer.
Remove Package Tracking – PackageTracer Toolbar
How to remove Package Tracking toolbar
Use this quick menu to quickly follow the steps to successfully clean your computer from Package Tracking toolbar, adware, potentially unwanted programs, any viruses, and spyware. This instruction includes both manual removal steps and malware removal tools to remove the leftovers.
To remove Package Tracking toolbar, complete the steps below
- Remove the software responsible for Package Tracking toolbar without any software
- Scan your computer for malware with free anti-malware software to detect and remove Package Tracking toolbar files
- Optional: Remove Package Tracking toolbar and new tab from MacOS Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
Uninstall Adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs to get rid of Package Tracking toolbar from your browser
In this first step, we show you how to detect and manually uninstall adware and potentially unwanted programs responsible for the Package Tracking toolbar. Both adware and potentially unwanted programs leave traces.
After you have uninstalled any adware or potentially unwanted programs, perform an anti-malware scan with our recommended removal tools to remove any traces from your PC to make sure the malware infection is entirely deleted from your PC.
Windows 7 users: Click the Start button in the left bottom corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner, select Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”.
Check the installed applications list for recently installed applications, select the application and click the uninstall button.
Select the column “Installed On” to sort installed applications by date, sorting the applications by date makes it easier for you to detect recently installed applications.
If you don’t know what to look for, Goto Removal Tool
Remove Package Tracking toolbar from Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
In this first step, we show you how to manually remove adware from your browser and how to reset the browser to default settings.
If after this step, there are still problems with a hijacked homepage in your browser, perform a malware scan with our recommended malware removal tools.
Remove malicious adware from Internet Explorer
select the wrench button,and from the menu select “Manage add-ons”.
Check the add-ons list for any suspicious Browser Helper Objects, select the suspicious entry and click Remove or Disable. If the button is grayed out, scan your computer with malware removal tools to remove the malicious add-on.
Reset your default Homepage and Search engine for Internet Explorer
The fastest and easiest way to reset your default homepage and the search engine is by resetting IE to default settings.
select the wrench button and from the menu select “Internet Options”.
Select “Advanced” from the tab menu, Click the Reset button.
Check “Delete personal settings” and click the Reset button.
Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.
Good, Internet Explorer is reset to default settings, it is important to know there are remnants of malware on your computer. We recommend to scan and remove the malware files from your computer. Make sure the malware does not reinstall, and all remnants are removed from your PC.
Remove adware, virus, browser hijacker and pop-up ad redirects from Google Chrome
select the menu button and from the menu select “More Tools” and then “Extensions”.
Search for any unknown browser extension(s) from the list and remove them by using the trashcan icon.
Remove any browser extension that you do not know is very important.
- Continue to the next step, reset Chrome policies
Remove “installed by enterprise policy” setting or browser extension from Chrome
When a settings or browser is disabled because the setting is “installed by enterprise” you can use the instructions below to enable the setting and remove it.
- Open the Command Prompt by clicking the start menu button and typing “command prompt”.
Right-click the “Command Prompt” result and select “Run as Administrator”.
Enter the following command’s one byline and press enter after each line to execute the command.
- rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers”
- rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy”
- GPupdate /force
- Continue to the next step, reset Chrome Synced profile
Reset your Chrome sync
Google Chrome sync your browser user-profile with their services. If the Google Chrome browser is infected with adware, this adware (usually browser extensions and the homepage and search engine settings) are synced with Google’s servers.
It is important to clean this synced cache. If you don’t clear the synced cache the adware, browser extensions and settings keep coming back on any devices the profile is synchronized with.
- Open your Google Dashboard (opens in a new browser window). Make sure you are signed in to your Google Account (you are redirected to Google).
- Click Reset sync to clear all of your synced data on Google’s server.
- Click OK.
- Continue to the next step, reset Google Chrome.
Reset your default Homepage and Search engine for Google Chrome
The fastest and easiest way to reset your default homepage and the search engine is by resetting the Chrome browser to default settings.
select the menu button and from the menu select “Settings”.
Scroll down to “Advanced” and again Scroll down to Reset settings.
Click the “Reset” button to Reset Google Chrome, a new dialog appears.
Confirm the Reset of Google Chrome by clicking the “Reset” button.
Restart Google Chrome for the changes to take effect.
- Continue to the next step Google Chrome Cleanup Tool
Chrome Cleanup Tool
The Chrome Clean-up tool is able to detect and remove unwanted settings or browser extension(s) from the Chrome browser. Chrome Cleanup tool performs a scan for anything suspicious and removes it automatically from the browser.
Start Chrome Cleanup Tool with right click and select Run as Administrator
Select Yes to Accept User Account Control
wait, searching for malicious programs
If malicious programs are found the Chrome Cleanup Tool will remove them for you.
After the scan, the Chrome Cleanup Tool will Reset the browser to its default settings.
Click Reset to complete.
Google Chrome is reset to default settings, it is important to know there are remnants of malware on your computer. We recommend to scan and remove malware files from your computer to make sure the malware does not reinstall, and the malware is entirely removed from your PC.
Remove malicious adware from Firefox (Quantum)
select the menu button and from the menu/list select “Add-ons”.
Select Extensions from the left menu. Search any unknown Browser Extension(s) and remove it by clicking the Remove button.
Reset your default Homepage and Search engine for Firefox
The fastest and easiest way to reset your default homepage and the search engine is by resetting Firefox to default settings.
select the menu button and from the menu, select “Help ?” (the question mark icon, at the end of the menu).
select Troubleshooting information from the menu.
select the Refresh Firefox button, and confirm the Refresh Firefox dialog once again to Reset Firefox to default settings.
Click Finish, Firefox will restart.
The Firefox browser is reset to default settings, it is important to know there are remnants of malware on your computer. We recommend to scan and remove malware files from your computer to make sure the malware does not reinstall and the malware is entirely removed from the browser and PC.
1. Remove Adware responsible for Package Tracking toolbar with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is the most powerful anti-malware solution to detect and proactively remove adware, browser hijackers, viruses and potentially unwanted programs from your PC. Malwarebytes runs excellent alongside antivirus software without any conflicts. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware detection and malware removal tool available today. Remember to buy Malwarebytes to stay protected, the free version does not offer real-time protection and can only be used as an on-demand malware scanner and virus removal tool.
- Run the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for Malwarebytes installation instructions.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for any viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the anti-malware scan, the anti-malware scan usually takes around 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
- When the anti-malware scan is finished, Malwarebytes will show the results of the anti-malware scan.
To remove the detected malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found malware will be moved to quarantine. Malwarebytes requires a reboot to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- After the reboot, all the malware detected by Malwarebytes is moved to quarantine. The removal process is finished.
- Continue to the next step
2. Reset your Browser and Remove (Malicious) Adware Browser Extensions with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is an anti-malware scanner which uses the cloud, thereby the fastest and most proactively scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner.
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
- Continue to the next step
3. Remove Package Tracking toolbar file traces with AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes adwcleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes adwcleaner removal tool will individually scan for malicious windows services, malware folders, malware files, shortcuts hijacked by adware, malware registry keys, windows scheduled tasks and deceptive browser extensions. Best of all, adwcleaner is completely free.
- Right Click the executable AdwCleaner.exe and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Enjoy a clean PC. Please share this information with other people. You can use the social media button’s or the donation button below to show your appreciation! 😉
Thank you, stay safe!
Description: Package Tracking Toolbar by MyWay, what is? what does it do? how to remove, read this review for more information.
Written by: Max Reisler
Rating: 5 out of 5