What is PPTV
PPTV is Adware. Adware is known to display intrusive online advertisements in the website you are visiting or by just poppin’ up at some point. PPTV adware delivers coupons, banners (in-text, horizontal, vertical, sidebar, audio spoken advertisements), pop-ups, and other similar annoying advertisements.
How does PPTV deliver advertisements
These advertisements are displayed in any browser installed on your computer, for instance, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and the Safari browser for MacOS. Showing this advertisement is done using a layer on websites which is added by the adware.
This layer helps them identify your behavior on the website you were visiting and fetch keywords and links. Eventually to display pop-up advertisements based on the content on the website.
How did PPTV got installed on your computer
When you download and install software from unknown and even some legitimate sources, make sure there are no offers or useful enhancements installed as a third party software (possibly known as “adware”).
The installation process of software can be build using dark patterns.
This basically means that, unfortunately, some installation and download managers do not adequately disclose that other software, such as this PPTV adware will also be installed on your computer and includes advertisements to make revenue.
How to prevent PPTV
By doing so the PPTV adware might be installed on your computer and start advertisements you do not wish.
Anti-Malware and Anti-virus software are useful for the non-experienced user. Anti-Malware and Anti-virus software is capable of stopping the infection proces before you even noticed it, this can prevent a lot of problems in the future.
Even if you are infected with Malware (Adware, a Browser Hijacker or a virus) this Anti-Malware and Anti-virus software can clean your computer.
Here a few tips to prevent PPTV advertisements in the future. After reading these tips, follow our removal-instruction to get rid of the annoying PPTV adware – advertisements.
- Do not download free-software from websites offering “Download Managers”. These “Download Managers” often contain a form of adware or a potentially unwanted program.
- Update your Flash Player and Browser to prevent drive-by-downloads containing adware or worse..(viruses, backdoors).
- Update all your software from official sources, not from pop-ups.
Remove PPTV Adware – Removal Instruction
PPTV – Adware Removal Guide (Menu)
Rather not use free tools? Try resetting your browser first. Reset Internet Explorer, reset Google Chrome, reset Firefox. If this has not solved the problem, follow the steps of all software advised in this instruction and reset your browser(s) once again.
If you experience Adware or unwanted pop-up ads on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal Guide to remove Adware from Mac OS for free.
Remove Adware files with Zemana Anti-Malware
This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyses are conducted entirely over the internet.
- Zemana Anti-Malware is especially very effective against Browser Hijackers.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against rootkits and ransomware boot kits.
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Remove Adware, Browser Hijackers, Redirects with AdwCleaner
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The MalwareBytes AdwCleaner tool will specifically scan for malicious Windows Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys, Windows Tasks and Browser Extensions.
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner is used to clean Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Go to this URL: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
- Before running MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for MalwareBytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Right Click the executable and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove Malware with MalwareBytes 3 – Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes 3 Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like Ransomware, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits, Rogues, Spyware, Viruses, Potentially Unwanted Programs and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes 3 Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes 3 Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way, you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes 3 works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes 3 and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes 3 using its installation wizard.
MalwareBytes 3 does need any config or specific settings, just install and you are ready to go!
Scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for MalwareBytes 3 to finish the scan, takes around 2-5 minutes.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by Malwarebytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine.
If MalwareBytes 3 requires a reboot to do so, allow MalwareBytes 3 to reboot Windows.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.