When Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge randomly shows pop-up ads from ReimagePlus.com your computer is infected by a Potentially Unwanted Program, Adware or a Virus.
The advertisements from Reimage Repair “Reimage PC Repair“ are triggered by keywords found in the website you were visiting and based on your general browsing behavior. Adware is known to collect browser information and use this information to promote specific targeted popup advertisements.
These Adware keywords are often underlined by a red, green or blue color that turn in to hyperlinks and show Reimage advertisements. When a popup from ReimagePlus.com occurs they might be hard to close. When you try to close the Reimage Repair popup, the Reimage Repair popup asks “Are you trying to leave this page”.
The Reimage repair virus popups and redirects that are shown in your Browser are random. The domain ReimagePlus.com offers Reimage PC Repair downloads and Technical Support trying to trick you into calling a Support telephone number to fix the Adware problem you experience. Do not call them, they won’t help you and are very expensive.
We updated this instruction with the best selected free Anti-Malware tools to completely remove the Reimage PC Repair, Reimage, ReimagePlus popups, redirects and Adware advertisements from your Browser.
Remove ReimagePlus pop-up Advertisements virus
ReimagePlus – Virus Removal Instruction – Quick Menu
If you experience the Redirect advertisements on Mac OS
follow this generic guide to Remove Redirects from Apple Mac OS
Remove ReimagePlus popup virus with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner searches for adware, browser hijackers, malware files and removes them for free.
The Malwarebytes AdwCleaner tool will specifically scan for malicious Windows Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys, Windows Tasks and Browser Extensions.
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner is used to clean Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Go to this URL: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
Update: Sometimes adware blocks the Publisher “Malwarebytes” by adding the signed Malwarebytes Corporation certificate to the untrusted repository. Find out how to solve this problem with our instruction.
- Before running Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for Malwarebytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Right Click the executable and select “Run as Administrator” this is important.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan “Look for Adware/PUPs” button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean “Remove the selected elements” button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process, click Reboot Now.
Remove ReimagePlus with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like Ransomware, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits, Rogues, Spyware, Viruses, Potentially Unwanted Programs and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way, you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
Malwarebytes works great alongside Antivirus software, both Malwarebytes and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Malwarebytes does not need any config or specific settings, just install and you are ready to go!
After installation, start a scan and check your computer for malware including free removal of the found malware on your computer.
Update: There is malware out there that blocks Malwarebytes and causes errors while installing or updating Malwarebytes. If you experience any of those problems follow this guide
Find out how to solve Installing, Updating or Starting problems with Malwarebytes.
- Start Malwarebytes.
- Select Scan Now to perform an Anti-Malware scan.
- Malwarebytes is scanning the computer for viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, potentially unwanted programs.
Please wait for Malwarebytes to finish the scan, this takes around 2-5 minutes.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the Malware found by Malwarebytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Quarantine Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine.
Malwarebytes requires a reboot, allow Malwarebytes to reboot Windows.
Remove adware that causes ReimagePlus ads with Zemana Anti-Malware
This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyses are conducted entirely over the internet.
- Zemana Anti-Malware is especially very effective against Browser Hijackers.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against rootkits and ransomware boot kits.
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.