s.piesearch.com is a Browser Hijacker, for non experience users a “virus” which redirect your favorite browser and replace your default homepage and default search engine with s.piesearch.com. s.piesearch.com is known to be bundled with free software and offered during the installation process.
It’s often the user itself which allowed the s.piesearch.com homepage on their computer. When you install free software from for example; CNET, Download.com, Softonic look at what is offered during installation. The installation of free-software is build to trick you into installing bundled software.
It is advised to always read the End User License Agreements (EULA) or Terms and Agreements before installing software on your computer. Do never click too fast thru the installation process [Next] button of software as you will agree to software you might not want to install. If the installer offers a Advanced or Custom option button, click it to find out if there is any other malicious software offered and installed during the installation process.
Remove s.piesearch.com redirect (Virus Removal Guide)
If you experience s.piesearch.com on Apple Mac OSX instead of Microsoft Windows, follow our generic guide to remove adware from Mac OSX for free. This complete guide includes detailed instructions and a free adware removal tool for Mac OSX.
Remove s.piesearch.com – AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will scan for hijacks and viruses in your computer and browser.
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove s.piesearch.com – MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
Remove s.piesearch.com redirect with AVAST Browser Cleanup
- Open Avast Browser Cleanup
- Select your default Search Provider, either Yahoo or Bing, choose one.
- To Reset your browser, select Reset Settings
- Select Exclude add-ons with a good rating to review possible other extensions that might cause ads.
- Select Remove to remove a extension
- Repeat this step for either Firefox and Google Chrome using the left menu.
If you still experience problems with s.piesearch.com, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.