search.listchack.com is a dubious search engine. It is build to drive traffic to their search engine for revenue thru clicks and paid advertisements. It is recommended to always read the Terms and Agreements and EULA’s before installing software on your computer. Hijack is bundled with lots of free software downloaded from various (often dubious) sources.
Do never click to fast thru the installation process “Next” or “OK” button of software as you will agree to software you might not want to install. If the installer “Download Client” offers a Advanced or Custom option button, click it to find out if there is any other malicious software offered and installed during the installation process.
Remove search.listchack.com from Mac OSX
Scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Mac OSX
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Mac OSX
Take notice: if the download-link above – keeps you redirecting to all kind of pop-ups. Please enter the following url in your browser:
Adware is known to hijack links and redirect them to unwanted url’s. We’ve seen this happing a lot in our tests.
- Open the MalwareBytes DMG file and drag MalwareBytes Anti-Malware file to your applications folder.
- Goto your applications folder and open MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
- When Mac OSX alerts you, this software is downloaded from the internet, agree and click Open.
- Perform a automated adware scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware by clicking “Scan“.
Remember: this is a adware scan, not a malware scan.
- If adware is found, follow the instructions.
Reset homepage – Safari
You can set any webpage as your homepage, and have it shown when you open a new window or a new tab.
- Change homepage settings:Choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
Set your homepage: Enter a webpage address in the Homepage field, or click Set to Current Page to use the webpage you are currently viewing.
Open new windows with your homepage: Click the “New windows open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
Open new tabs with your homepage: Click the “New tabs open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
- Quickly open your homepage:Choose History > Home.
Reset homepage – Google Chrome OSX
You can reset your browser settings in Chrome any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
Reset homepage – Mozilla Firefox OSX
- Open the Firefox browser.
- On the address field, type in about:support and hit Enter.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- A window will appear showing the details of this action.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- Click Done.
Help others and share this instruction on Social Media!
Use the floating share buttons at the top of this instruction.
Dear FixYourBrowser readers: We are a small non-profit website that runs one of the most adware related information & malware help websites in the world. We serve and help lots of readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $10. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If FixYourBrowser is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are useful to pay our bills and keep the site up. Our intention is to help as many people possible for free. Your help is most welcome.
Listchack Uninstall Mac