If your browser(s) Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge randomly shows pop-up advertisements from the domain Software-dl.xyz your computer is infected by a Potentially Unwanted Program or Adware. The advertisements from the domain Software-dl.xyz are generated and caused by adware.
Advertisements from the domain Software-dl.xyz are used to promote more unwanted software on your computer or to generate pay per click revenue for it’s publishers. Also, adware collect’s personally identifying information such as your ip-address, your current location, browser type, type OS, search queries to deliver more detailed advertisements.
How did this adware end up on my computer?
Adware uses a deceptive technique to enter the computer, this technique is called bundeling. Adware publishers bundle their adware with often free software and do not disclosure their present. The “custom” or “advanced” button is hidden by a human psychology technique named Dark Patterns. These Dark Patterns are used to make sure people click thru their installation process without noticing what they actually install on their computer.
How to avoid adware and Software-dl.xyz redirects?
To avoid adware and their pop-up redirects, do not click to fast on the Next button during installation but read what you actually install. Click every button to see if it exposes some form or adware, especially “custom”, “advanced” or a “more” button. Adware is most of the time installed by the human itself.
Remove Software-dl.xyz pop-up ads
(Virus Removal instruction)
Software-dl.xyz – Virus Removal Instruction – Quick Menu
If you experience the Software-dl.xyz pop-up on Mac OSX from Apple, follow this generic guide to remove adware from Apple Mac OSX
(for the Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers)
Remove Software-dl.xyz Browser Extension with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner will scan for hijacks and viruses in your computer and browser.
The MalwareBytes AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using MalwareBytes AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for MalwareBytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Run MalwareBytes AdwCleaner as Administrator
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by MalwareBytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove adware that causes Software-dl.xyz with Zemana Anti-Malware and restore your browser
Zemana Anti-Malware is a security suite which is suitable for use in addition to a primary virus scanner. This second opinion malware scanner works with the cloud principle. This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyzes are conducted entirely over the internet.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against root-kits and ransomware boot kits.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (15 days trial)
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
Close all Internet Explorer and Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see theTools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, clickRestore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or clickReset.Note Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or clickClose, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again start Internet Explorer.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you startup or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the
menu choose .
- If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:supportin your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click and Firefox will open.
If you still experience problems with pop-up advertisements from Software-dl.xyz, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.
Malware, Antivirus, Virus Removal Guides
Help others and share this instruction on Social Media!
Use the floating share buttons at the top of this instruction.
Would like to donate? Your help is most welcome.