websearch.searchtotal.info “websearch.searchtotal.info” is a Browser Hijacker which redirect your favorite browser and replace your default homepage and default search engine with websearch.searchtotal.info. websearch.searchtotal.info is known to be bundled with free software and offered during the installation process.
It’s often the user itself which allowed the websearch.searchtotal.info homepage on their computer. When you install free software from for example; CNET, Download.com, Softonic look at what is offered during installation. The installation of free-software is build to trick you into installing bundled software.
It is advised to always read the End User License Agreements (EULA) or Terms and Agreements before installing software on your computer. Do never click too fast through the installation process [Next] button of software as you will agree to software you might not want to install. If the installer offers an Advanced, Custom or Decline button, click it to find out if there is any other malicious software offered and installed during the installation process.
Follow all steps in this instruction to remove websearch.searchtotal.info.
Remove websearch.searchtotal.info hijack with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will scan for hijacks and malicious files in your computer and browser.
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Cleaning button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove websearch.searchtotal.info related files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform an anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove websearch.searchtotal.info redirect with AVAST Browser Cleanup
- Open Avast Browser Cleanup
- Review the browser extensions with a poor reputation, found by Avast Browser Cleanup. You can remove them separately or select the Remove all add-ons button in the top right corner (recommended).
- Select your default Search Provider, either Yahoo or Bing, choose one.
- All extensions are now successfully removed from your browser(s). If you would like to reset or remove other extensions from your browser, use the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome button on the left menu in Avast Browser Cleanup.
- To Reset your browser, select Reset Settings
- Select Exclude add-ons with a good rating to review possible other extensions that might cause ads.
- Select Remove to remove an extension
- Repeat this step for either Firefox and Google Chrome using the left menu.
If you still experience problems with websearch.searchtotal.info, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.