Win32:Malware-gen is a threat detected by Avast and several other Antivirus or Anti-Malware software vendors. This Win32:Malware-gen threat is classified as PUP a Potentially Unwanted Program by Anti-Malware software because it inflicts and acts as a malicious threat into your computer system.
Win32:Malware-gen is not a virus but it does act like one. Win32:Malware-gen is general adware which is bundled using custom installers and dropped on your computer during the installation process. Most users have no idea how this Win32:Malware-gen threat is installed on there computer and what it is, until their Antivirus or Anti-Malware software detects it as a malicious threat named “Win32:Malware-Gen”.
Follow our instruction to remove this Win32:Malware-gen threat from your computer.
If you protection detects Win32:Malware-gen , it is not marked for deletion by default. It is detected as malicious and advised to quarantaine Win32:Malware-gen. This is because some users might have installed Win32:Malware-gen themselves. A lot PUP software is distributed by custom installers or as browser add-ons for a better internet experience, like toolbars etc pretend to be.
Follow all steps in correct order to completely and successfully remove Win32:Malware-gen.
All software advised to clean this infection from your computer is free.
Remove Win32:Malware-gen related files with MalwareBytes AdwCleaner
MalwareBytes AdwCleaner will scan for hijacks and viruses in your computer and browser.
The MalwareBytes AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using MalwareBytes AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Notice: if you have problems downloading MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link because of adware
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running MalwareBytes AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for MalwareBytes AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Run MalwareBytes AdwCleaner as Administrator
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by MalwareBytes AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Make sure to close all open programs and browser(s) to continue removing the detected items from your computer.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove Win32:Malware-gen and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple.
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- Malwarebytes computer is scanning for malicious items, this might take a while, please wait for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to finish.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
- All found items will be put in quarantine, if MalwareBytes Anti-Malware requires to a reboot to do so, please allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to reboot Windows.
Remove adware that causes Win32:Malware-gen with Zemana Anti-Malware and restore your browser
Zemana Anti-Malware is a security suite which is suitable for use in addition to a primary virus scanner. This second opinion malware scanner works with the cloud principle. This means that all data such as the malware definitions but also analyzes are conducted entirely over the internet.
Zemana Anti-Malware features include protection against viruses, trojans, adware and spyware. But it also provides effective protection against root-kits and ransomware boot kits.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware (15 days trial)
Buy Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (30% FixYourBrowser discount)
- Open the Zemana Anti-Malware installer
- Install Zemana Anti-Malware using the default settings
- Zemana Anti-Malware will update itself
- Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan
- Wait for the scan to finish, it takes a few minutes.
- Select the Next button to remove the malware found on your computer
- That’s it. All malware is successfully removed from your computer.