WizeSearch.com is a dubious website which redirects your favorite browser and replaces your default homepage and default search engine with WizeSearch.com. WizeSearch.com is known to be bundled with free software and offered during the installation process.
It’s often the user itself which allowed the WizeSearch.com homepage on their computer. When you install free software look at what is offered during installation. The installation of free-software is build to trick you into installing bundled software. Unfortunately, some free-downloads do not adequately disclose that other software will also be installed on your computer.
It is advised to always read the End User License Agreements (EULA) or Terms and Agreements before installing software on your computer. Do never click too fast thru the installation process and read and overview every window. Do not install software you do not trust. Want to make sure that this does not happen again use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, follow our free instructions.
Remove WizeSearch.com redirect (Removal Guide)
If you experience WizeSearch.com on Apple Mac OSX instead of Microsoft Windows, follow our generic guide to remove adware from Mac OSX for free. This complete guide includes detailed instructions and a free adware removal tool for Mac OSX.
Remove WizeSearch.com – AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner tool will scan for malicious Services, Folders, Files, Shortcuts, Registry keys and Browser Extensions for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. After the scan you can remove the found malicious items using AdwCleaner and clean your computer and browser(s).
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
- Before running AdwCleaner, close all open programs and browsers.
- Select the executable for AdwCleaner you just downloaded from the link above.
- Run AdwCleaner as Administrator
- Accept their terms by clicking the “I Agree” button
- Select the Scan button to start scanning your computer and browser for malicious files.
- to remove the malicious items found by AdwCleaner using the detection Scan, select the Clean button.
- Click OK to continue.
- Your computer is rebooted after the removal process.
Remove WizeSearch.com – MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC.
Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware works great alongside Antivirus software, both MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Antivirus software go along and provide the best protection for your computer.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using it’s installation wizard.
- Select Scan Now to perform a anti-malware scan.
- When the detection scan is finished, a window appears with the malware found by MalwareBytes.
To remove the found malware from your computer, select the Remove Selected button.
Remove WizeSearch.com redirect with AVAST Browser Cleanup
- Open Avast Browser Cleanup
- Select your default Search Provider, either Yahoo or Bing, choose one.
- To Reset your browser, select Reset Settings
- Select Exclude add-ons with a good rating to review possible other extensions that might cause ads.
- Select Remove to remove a extension
- Repeat this step for either Firefox and Google Chrome using the left menu.
If you still experience problems with WizeSearch.com, run a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware using this instruction.