What is Search.heasymapsaccess.com?
Search.heasymapsaccess.com, also known as Easy Map Access is a browser new tab for Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Search.heasymapsaccess.com is distributed across the internet using deceptive adware installers. An adware installer is a software application specifically designed to hide adware application from the user during installation. It’s these adware installers that install the Search.heasymapsaccess.com on the user’s browser and redirect the browser new tab and search queries through the Easy Map Access search.
Using a browser extension the Search.heasymapsaccess.com redirect generates traffic to the Search.heasymapsaccess.com homepage for revenue, the traffic is then redirected to Yahoo Search. This traffic is important for them as it delivers information such as search queries, the location of their visitors using IP addresses and much more. This information can be used for multiple purposes, which is often for your privacy, not a good thing. Easy Map Access is identical to Maps and Directions, both are unreliable browser hijacker by the same company Polarity Technologies LTD.
How did Search.heasymapsaccess.com install on my PC?
Most likely, it is the PC user itself which allowed the Search.heasymapsaccess.com redirect take over the browser. However, this was hard to avoid after all since the heasymapsaccess.com homepage was barely visible (or not) visible at all during installation.
Search.heasymapsaccess.com – How to Remove?
In order to remove the Search.heasymapsaccess.com browser hijacker from Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, the user should follow all steps in this removal instruction to get rid of the Easy Map Access browser hijacker. All the software in the instruction includes a free trial license or is completely free to remove Search.heasymapsaccess.com and any other malware from the users PC!
Rather not use free tools? Try resetting your browser first. Reset Internet Explorer, reset Google Chrome, reset Firefox. If this has not solved the problem, follow the steps of all software advised in this instruction and reset your browser(s) once again.
If you experience a Browser Hijacker on Apple Mac OS
follow this Removal guide to remove Browser Hijacker(s) from Mac OS for free.
Remove Search.heasymapsaccess.com redirect with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Anti-Malware is an second opinion anti-malware scanner which uses Cloud technology for malware detection. Zemana is the fastest, smallest and most proactively malware scanner available. Zemana is its best in addition to a primary virus scanner or malware scanner such as Malwarebytes.
Open the Zemana anti-malware setup file.
Install Zemana anti-malware using the default settings, after successful installation Zemana anti-malware will update itself to the latest version.
Select the Scan button to perform a malware scan, wait for the scan to finish, this usually takes a few minutes.
Click the Next button to remove the malware found by Zemana on your computer.
Wait a couple of seconds for Zemana to remove the malware from your PC.
Your PC is successfully cleaned by Zemana. Zemana is an excellent protection for people searching for a lightweight malware detection and removal tool. Zemana is its best in addition to a more comprehensive antivirus or anti-malware security application such as Malwarebytes.
Remove Search.heasymapsaccess.com malware with MalwareBytes
Download Malwarebytes to remove the malware from your PC. We have run many malware removal tests on infected PCs including adware, potentially unwanted programs, and spyware. Malwarebytes is by far the best malware removal tool available today to get rid of malware. Malwarebytes is always free to remove any malware. Malwarebytes works great alongside antivirus software.
Remove the threat with Malwarebytes and see the results for yourself!
Start the Malwarebytes installation setup file. Click here for detailed Malwarebytes installation instructions.
Click Scan Now to start searching for malware on your PC.
Malwarebytes will start searching for malware on your PC.
Wait for Malwarebytes to finish the malware scan. The Malwarebytes malware scan usually takes between 2 to 5 minutes to complete.
Once the malware scan is completed, Malwarebytes will display the results of the malware scan.
Remove the malware found by Malwarebytes using the Quarantine Selected button.
Wait for Malwarebytes to move all malware found on your PC to quarantine.
Malwarebytes needs to perform a system reboot to complete the malware removal process.
Save and close any working documents or open web pages and click Yes to reboot your PC.
After the system reboot, your PC is clean from malware. Stay protected with Malwarebytes against future threats. Malwarebytes stops adware, potentially unwanted programs, malicious web pages, suspicious downloads, viruses, spyware and ransomware from infecting your machine.
Remove Search.heasymapsaccess.com adware files with AdwCleaner Free
- Right-click the AdwCleaner executable you just downloaded and select "Run as Administrator" this is important.
- Select the Scan Now button.
- Wait for the adware & malware scan to finish.
- Click the Clean & Repair button to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Wait for AdwCleaner to remove the adware and malware from your PC.
- Click the Clean & Restart Now button to finish the malware removal process.
- After the reboot, AdwCleaner shows a summary of the detected and removed malware files.
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Using these instructions you can reset Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox to their default configuration.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
- Note: If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset
Note: Select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data (recommended!).
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and again, start Internet Explorer to see the results.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Note: When the "Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings" checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you start up or continue where you left off if you're on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings
However, your extensions and themes will be removed and your preferences will be reset.
- Click the menu button and then click help (question sign icon) below.
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.If you're unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.