ShopScouter is adware and shows while browsing the Internet possible annoying ads and pop-ups.
The ShopScouter adware comes bundled with many different types of free software into your computer and installs a Browser Helper Object for Internet Explorer and a Browser Extension for Google Chrome or the Mozilla Firefox browser.
The ShopScouter adware is often offered during the installation process of third-party free software from legitimate free-download websites
Your antivirus software might detected ShopScouter, but experience shows that ShopScouter generally can be installed without your antivirus software picks up the ShopScouter adware as “dangerous”. Still, it remains advisable to pay attention to during the installation of free third-party software that you actually install on your computer.
Adware is basically installed by the computer user itself. When the installation process provides an option “Advanced”, “Decline” or “Custom” button, click it to see what is offered during the installation as many installation software offers adware to keep their software valuable for it’s developers.
Checkmarks for the installation of this adware or unwanted software are generally already checked by default and hidden. The best way to avoid installation of adware and potentially unwanted software is to be careful, and overview every installation-step when downloading free software.
ShopScouter – Removal Guide (Menu)
It is recommended to follow all steps in this instruction to Remove ShopScouter and clean your computer.
If you experience ShopScouter on Mac OSX from Apple, follow this guide to remove adware from Apple Mac OSX
(Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox)
Scan and Remove ShopScouter files with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is completely free-software for removing adware from your computer. This great piece of software is developed by Xplode and updated daily with new database signatures for the best adware detection available.
AdwCleaner runs safely on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10 in 32bit or 64bit. Follow our instruction to run a scan with AdwCleaner and scan your computer for ShopScouter adware and any other potentially unwanted software.
After the scan completes, its free of any charge to remove the found adware from your computer.
Notice: if you have problems downloading AdwCleaner, because of popups that keep opening when clicking a link.
Goto this url: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
Open AdwCleaner.exe with right mouse click and Run as Administrator
Start scanning your computer for adware and any other unwanted programs by clicking the Scan button, hold on, please wait…
When AdwCleaner is done scanning your computer, AdwCleaner will display a list of malicious items detected, please uncheck the items you do not want to remove that might be detected as malicious or unwanted.
If you have nothing to uncheck, continue to the removal process and clicking the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will display information, read it and select OK button.
AdwCleaner is going to reboot your computer in order to remove the found adware from your computer. Click OK when you are ready to reboot your computer.
After a succesful reboot, the AdwCleaner log file will open. Review the items found and close the log file. Windows 8 and Windows 10 users should switch to desktop mode to view the log file.
Goto the next step to clean your computer from ShopScouter.
Remove ShopScouter files using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free’s industry-leading scanner detects and removes malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware, and more. All you have to do is launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and run a scan. It’s that simple. Or if you want even better protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and its instant real-time scanner that automatically prevents malware and websites from infecting your PC. Either way you’re crushing malware and foiling hackers
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware using the installation wizard.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware needs no configs or specific settings, just install and you are ready to scan your computer for malware and free removal.
What is MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (video)
Malware scan with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Select “Scan Now” to perform a anti-malware scan and remove adware from your computer.
Remove ShopScouter with Hitman Pro
HitmanPRO is a second opinion scanner for Windows and free to scan and remove using multiple antivirus vendor engines. This is where the power from HitmanPRO comes from, it uses cloud based detection for the best detection available for malware.
Download HitmanPRO (free direct-download)
- Run HitmanPro.exe
- Click Next button
- Select checkbox “I accept the terms of the license agreement“
- Click Next button
- Make sure checkbox “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro” is checked.
- Click Next button
- Free scan is running, please wait. This malware scan might take a while.
- After the scan is complete, leave the found results as they are. Consider reviewing the items before continue.
- Click Next button
- Click “Activate free license“. This free license is valid for thirty days.
- Enter your e-mail address to complete the free registration.
- Click Activate button
- Your free license is activated successfuly!
- Select OK button
- Review your results or save the log file with the “Save Log” link.
- Save all your work, click Reboot button
Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to default settings
Reset Internet Explorer
Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
- Start Internet Explorer
- On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
- In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
- Tap or click Reset. If you’re using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
Reset Google Chrome
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
- Select Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset. Note: When the “Help make Google Chrome better by reporting the current settings” checkbox is selected you are anonymously sending Google your Chrome settings. Reporting these settings allows Google to analyze trends and work to prevent future unwanted settings changes.
Settings that change
- Default search engine and saved search engines will be reset and to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you startup or continue where you left off if you’re on a Chromebook.
- New Tab page will be empty unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case your page may be preserved.
- Pinned tabs will be unpinned.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions and themes will be disabled.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the
menu choose .
If you’re unable to access themenu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Click the
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset.
- When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click and Firefox will open.