Smartsearch.pw is a dubious search engine. Smartsearch.pw is built to drive traffic to their search engine for revenue through clicks and paid advertisements. It is recommended to always read the Terms and Agreements and EULA’s before installing software on your computer. Smartsearch.pw is most likely bundled with free software you download off the internet from various (often dubious) sources.
Do never click too fast through an installation process using the “Next” or “OK” button. If you do so, you might agree to software you might not want to install. If the installer “Download Client” offers an Advanced or Custom option button, click it to find out if there is any other malicious software offered and installed during the installation process.
Remove Smartsearch.pw – Mac Safari removal guide
Use Combo Cleaner to remove Smartsearch.pw
- Download Combo Cleaner.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- In the opened window drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto the Mac application's icon.
- Open Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
- Wait until the antivirus engine downloads it's virus definition updates.
- Click "Start Combo Scan”.
Remove Smartsearch.pw from the Mac with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes for Mac
Install Malwarebytes for Mac, follow installation instructions. After installation turn on protection.
In order to protect your Mac against malware, Malwarebytes wants to install a system extension. Click the "Open Security Preferences" button to allow Malwarebytes.
In the "Security & Privacy" settings on your Mac, click Allow to install Malwarebytes properly.
Malwarebytes is successfully installed and activated for a 30-day trial license including real-time protection.
Click Done to continue.
In the Malwarebytes dashboard, click "Scan now" to launch a malware scan on your Mac. The time it takes to perform a malware scan with Malwarebytes is around 1-2 minutes for Mac.
In the scan overview, you see a summary of the malware found by Malwarebytes on your Mac. Click "Confirm" to start the malware removal on your Mac.
Malwarebytes wants to reboot your Mac to complete the removal process, reboot your Mac. The malware is now removed from your Mac and the Mac is protected against future adware and malware infections.
Malwarebytes for Mac Features
Cleans infected Mac from Adware, Potentially Unwanted Programs and malware such as Ransomware (yes, it exists for Mac), Spyware, Viruses. Prevents Mac virus, spyware, and malware infections from drive-by infections or Pay Per Install download managers.
Proactively blocks adware and unwanted programs from infecting you Mac and Browser. No more toolbars, pop-up redirects and browser hijackers. Update to the latest Malwarebytes protection automatically. The latest updates are protecting your Mac computer daily from the newest infections. Free and fully to use 30 days trial in the premium license. Malware removal is always free with Malwarebytes for Mac.
Remove Smartsearch.pw – Safari Mac
You can set any web page as your homepage, and have it shown when you open a new window or a new tab.
- Change homepage settings:
Choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
- Set your homepage: Enter a web page address in the Homepage field, or click Set to Current Page to use the web page you are currently viewing.
- Open new windows on your homepage: Click the “New windows open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
- Open new tabs on your homepage: Click the “New tabs open with” pop-up menu, then choose Homepage.
- Quickly open your homepage:
Choose History > Home.
Remove Smartsearch.pw – Google Chrome Mac
You can reset your browser settings in Chrome any time. You might need to do this if apps or extensions you installed changed your settings without your knowledge. Your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
Remove Smartsearch.pw – Mozilla Firefox Mac
- Open the Firefox browser.
- On the address field, type in about:support and hit Enter.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- A window will appear showing the details of this action.
- Click Reset Firefox button.
- Click Done.