Coinup.org is a browser hijacker. Coinup.org browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Coinup.org is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Coinup.org is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Coinup.org collects data from your browser, Coinup.org is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Coinup browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Coinup.org and the Coinup browser extension has been installed, remove the Coinup extension as soon as possible using this Coinup removal instruction.
Uninstall Coinup extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Coinup” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Coinup extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Coinup” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Coinup extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Coinup from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Coinup add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Coinup from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Coinup Search and Remove Coinup Search.
Do you still have Coinup in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Coinup and click Uninstall.
- Follow Coinup uninstall instructions.
Remove Coinup.org with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Coinup.org with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Coinup.org adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Coinup.org with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Coinup.org detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Coinup.org from your computer and browser.