Search.hmytvtab.com is a browser hijacker. Search.hmytvtab.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Search.hmytvtab.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Search.hmytvtab.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Search.hmytvtab.com collects data from your browser, Search.hmytvtab.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
My TV Tab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Search.hmytvtab.com and the My TV Tab browser extension has been installed, remove the My TV Tab extension as soon as possible using this My TV Tab removal instruction.
Remove My TV Tab
Uninstall My TV Tab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My TV Tab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall My TV Tab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My TV Tab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the My TV Tab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove My TV Tab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall My TV Tab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove My TV Tab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find My TV Tab Search and Remove My TV Tab Search.
Do you still have My TV Tab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select My TV Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow My TV Tab uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.hmytvtab.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.hmytvtab.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.hmytvtab.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.hmytvtab.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.hmytvtab.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.hmytvtab.com from your computer and browser.