Search.querics.net is a browser hijacker. Search.querics.net browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Search.querics.net is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Search.querics.net is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Search.querics.net collects data from your browser, Search.querics.net is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
Querics browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Search.querics.net and the Querics browser extension has been installed, remove the Querics extension as soon as possible using this Querics removal instruction.
Uninstall Querics extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Querics” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall Querics extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Querics” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Querics extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Querics from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Querics add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Querics from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Querics Search and Remove Querics Search.
Do you still have Querics in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Querics and click Uninstall.
- Follow Querics uninstall instructions.
Remove Search.querics.net with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Search.querics.net with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Search.querics.net adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Search.querics.net with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Search.querics.net detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Search.querics.net from your computer and browser.