Toptosearch.com is a browser hijacker. Toptosearch.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Toptosearch.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Toptosearch.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Toptosearch.com collects data from your browser, Toptosearch.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
TopDs browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Toptosearch.com and the TopDs browser extension has been installed, remove the TopDs extension as soon as possible using this TopDs removal instruction.
Uninstall TopDs extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TopDs” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall TopDs extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “TopDs” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the TopDs extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove TopDs from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall TopDs add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove TopDs from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find TopDs Search and Remove TopDs Search.
Do you still have TopDs in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select TopDs and click Uninstall.
- Follow TopDs uninstall instructions.
Remove Toptosearch.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Toptosearch.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Toptosearch.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Toptosearch.com with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Toptosearch.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Toptosearch.com from your computer and browser.