Hp.hmysweepstab.com is a browser hijacker. Hp.hmysweepstab.com browser hijacker modifies the new tab and homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Hp.hmysweepstab.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Hp.hmysweepstab.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Hp.hmysweepstab.com collects data from your browser, Hp.hmysweepstab.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
My Sweeps Tab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Hp.hmysweepstab.com and the My Sweeps Tab browser extension has been installed, remove the My Sweeps Tab extension as soon as possible using this My Sweeps Tab removal instruction.
Remove My Sweeps Tab
Uninstall My Sweeps Tab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Select the “My Sweeps Tab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall My Sweeps Tab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “My Sweeps Tab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the My Sweeps Tab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove My Sweeps Tab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall My Sweeps Tab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove My Sweeps Tab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find My Sweeps Tab Search and Remove My Sweeps Tab Search.
Do you still have My Sweeps Tab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select My Sweeps Tab and click Uninstall.
- Follow My Sweeps Tab uninstall instructions.
Remove Hp.hmysweepstab.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Hp.hmysweepstab.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Hp.hmysweepstab.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Hp.hmysweepstab.com with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Hp.hmysweepstab.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Hp.hmysweepstab.com from your computer and browser.