Newsprecinct.com is a browser hijacker. Newsprecinct.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge – Chromium Edge.
Newsprecinct.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Newsprecinct.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Newsprecinct.com collects data from your browser, Newsprecinct.com is also classified as a (PUP) Potentially Unwanted Program.
News Precinct browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Newsprecinct.com and the News Precinct browser extension has been installed, remove the News Precinct extension as soon as possible using this News Precinct removal instruction.
Remove News Precinct
Uninstall News Precinct extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Click the “News Precinct” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall News Precinct extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “News Precinct” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the News Precinct extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove News Precinct from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall News Precinct add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove News Precinct from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find News Precinct Search and Remove News Precinct Search.
Do you still have News Precinct in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select News Precinct and click Uninstall.
- Follow News Precinct uninstall instructions.
Remove Newsprecinct.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Newsprecinct.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Newsprecinct.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Newsprecinct.com with Malwarebytes.
[wps_double_button left_btn_text=”Download Malwarebytes” left_desc=”Goto Malwarebytes download page” left_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” left_btn_target=”blank” left_icon=”cloud-download” left_background=”#2D89EF” left_color=”#FFFFFF” separator_text=”OR” right_btn_text=”More information” right_desc=”Learn more about Malwarebytes” right_url=”https://malware.guide/link/malwarebytes/” right_btn_target=”blank” right_icon=”question-circle” right_background=”#2D89EF” right_color=”#FFFFFF” size=”18″ radius=”16″]
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Newsprecinct.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Newsprecinct.com from your computer and browser.