Omyweb is a browser hijacker. Omyweb redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine, and new tab. Omyweb redirects the browser.
Omyweb is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, Omyweb is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Omyweb are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Omyweb collects data out of your browser, Omyweb is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When Omyweb is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Omyweb.
- You notice a new Omyweb toolbar in your browser.
- Omyweb might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
Omyweb browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab, and search engine have changed to Omyweb and the Omyweb browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the Omyweb extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall Omyweb extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Omyweb” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove the Omyweb extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall Omyweb extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “Omyweb” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the Omyweb extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove Omyweb from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall Omyweb add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove Omyweb from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find Omyweb Search and Remove Omyweb Search.
Do you still have Omyweb in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select Omyweb and click Uninstall.
- Follow Omyweb uninstall instructions.
Remove Omyweb with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Omyweb with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Omyweb adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Omyweb with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Omyweb detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Omyweb from your computer and browser.