Advancedsearchlab.com is a browser hijacker. Advancedsearchlab.com browser hijacker changes the homepage of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
Advancedsearchlab.com is regularly offered on the internet as a convenient homepage. However, in reality, this is a browser hijacker that collects all kinds of data from your browser.
The data collected by Advancedsearchlab.com is used for advertising purposes. The data is sold to advertising networks. Because Advancedsearchlab.com collects data from your browser, Advancedsearchlab.com is also classified as an adware program (virus).
ShortcutTab browser extension will install itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser. No browser developer yet notices this browser hijacker as unwanted.
If your home page has changed to Advancedsearchlab.com and the ShortcutTab browser extension has been installed, remove the ShortcutTab extension as soon as possible using this ShortcutTab removal instruction.
Uninstall ShortcutTab extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ShortcutTab” browser extension and click Remove.
Uninstall ShortcutTab extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ShortcutTab” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ShortcutTab extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ShortcutTab from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ShortcutTab add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ShortcutTab from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ShortcutTab Search and Remove ShortcutTab Search.
Do you still have ShortcutTab in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ShortcutTab and click Uninstall.
- Follow ShortcutTab uninstall instructions.
Remove Advancedsearchlab.com with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Advancedsearchlab.com with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Advancedsearchlab.com adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Advancedsearchlab.com with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Advancedsearchlab.com detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Advancedsearchlab.com from your computer and browser.