Anzsearch.com.au is a browser hijacker. Anzsearch.com.au redirects the browser’s default homepage, search engine and new tab. ANZSearch redirects the browser through Anzsearch.com.au.
Anzsearch.com.au is regularly manifested on the internet as a helpful homepage. In fact, ANZSearch is a browser hijacker that gathers all kinds of browsing data such as search queries and cookies out of your browser and alters the browser’s new tab page.
The statistics gathered by Anzsearch.com.au are used for advertising employment. The statistics are sold to advertising networks. Because Anzsearch.com.au collects data out of your browser, ANZSearch is likewise categorized as a spyware program (browser hijacker).
When ANZSearch is installed, you will notice the following:
- The default search engine and new tab page in your browser are redirected to Anzsearch.com.au.
- You notice a new ANZSearch toolbar in your browser.
- ANZSearch might show advertisements and track your search queries within your browser.
ANZSearch browser extension will deploy itself in the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge browser after successful infiltration. Note that no browser developer yet marks this browser hijacker as potentially dangerous.
If your browser’s default homepage, new tab and search engine have changed to Anzsearch.com.au and the ANZSearch browser extension has been installed in your browser, remove the ANZSearch extension as quickly as possible from your web browser settings. Also, make sure to remove adware from your computer!
Uninstall ANZSearch extension from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the Google Chrome address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ANZSearch” browser extension and click Remove.
Can’t remove ANZSearch extension because the extension is managed?
Uninstall ANZSearch extension from Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Type about:addons in the Firefox address bar and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Find the “ANZSearch” browser extension and click the three dots on the right of the ANZSearch extension.
Select Remove from the menu to remove ANZSearch from the Firefox browser.
Uninstall ANZSearch add-on from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the menu (wrench icon) in the top right.
- Open Manage Addons from the menu.
- Remove ANZSearch from Extensions and Toolbars.
- On the left open Search Providers settings.
- Find ANZSearch Search and Remove ANZSearch Search.
Do you still have ANZSearch in Internet Explorer?
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Click “installed on” column to sort the recently installed applications by date.
- Select ANZSearch and click Uninstall.
- Follow ANZSearch uninstall instructions.
Remove Anzsearch.com.au with Malwarebytes
I recommend removing Anzsearch.com.au with Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is a comprehensive adware removal tool and free to use.
Anzsearch.com.au adware leaves traces such as malicious files, registry keys, scheduled tasks on your device, make sure to completely remove Anzsearch.com.au with Malwarebytes.
- Install Malwarebytes, follow on-screen instructions.
- Click Scan to start a malware-scan.
- Wait for the Malwarebytes scan to finish.
- Once completed, review the Anzsearch.com.au detections.
- Click Quarantine to continue.
- Reboot Windows after all the detections are moved to quarantine.
You have now successfully removed Anzsearch.com.au from your computer and browser.